Retiree Dependent Healthcare

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I would be surprised, retiree HC plans are exempt from that rule so most don't offer coverage.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This is why some people got stuck working longer than they wanted to
1617980628113.png

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Is it Actions
or
Inactions

noun

1. lack of action where some is expected or appropriate.

?
I would say having kids requires some action. There were guys I worked with who had kids in their late 40's/ early 50's which pretty much relegated them to working well into their 60's whether they liked it or not.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My local does until age 26. My son has full-time employment with great benefits but it's still cheaper for him to stay on my insurance for the extra $140/month. Much better coverage than what his employer offers also.

Shiftless

I would say having kids requires some action. There were guys I worked with who had kids in their late 40's/ early 50's which pretty much relegated them to working well into their 60's whether they liked it or not.
I cant tell you how many guys I saw take this path in life. Not pointing a finger, it is what it was! Shift happens!

When I retired many of them walked up to me and said "I can't retire till this second set of kids get out of the house" type comments all the time in my last days. Some going as far as saying "I highly doubt I will even get to retire".

Some of them died while still working and a few right after they did retire.

BUT all of them were excited to see me retire and shared sincere well wishes. Those last few weeks of seeing people and their stories was very humbling!!!

It's all about choices!