Retiree healthcare

Carhauler

Thanks very much everyone for your input and responses regarding my situation. Not much positive news. I've sent an email to [email protected] with several questions. Automatic reply states "It may be up to 3 weeks for a response". Seems to be a much understaffed and inefficient system they're running. The only number I have connects to a person I can't understand (language barrier) who offers basically worthless information.

Johney

Thanks very much everyone for your input and responses regarding my situation. Not much positive news. I've sent an email to [email protected] with several questions. Automatic reply states "It may be up to 3 weeks for a response". Seems to be a much understaffed and inefficient system they're running. The only number I have connects to a person I can't understand (language barrier) who offers basically worthless information.
I thought anything you emailed or mailed to them it was 10 days max? I got all my questions answered within 10 days.

oldngray

nowhere special
I thought anything you emailed or mailed to them it was 10 days max? I got all my questions answered within 10 days.
A month delay is very possible. They ignore all emails so everything ends up going through snail mail. Very good chance of them never answering you even after you wait.

Johney

A month delay is very possible. They ignore all emails so everything ends up going through snail mail. Very good chance of them never answering you even after you wait.
All my emails were answered within 10 days along with anything I mailed, maybe I got someone who cared. Or just lucky.

Carhauler

I have to agree with "someone who cared" being the reason you received your responses in a timely fashion. People who care have become a scare commodity indeed these days.

Carhauler

I never heard of that happening. Pension without insurance is possible under some plans though.
After talking with Teamcare again, it seems to be that way as far as healthcare with no pension not being possible. . She did say that's the way it is with the Central States pension and she couldn't say that for sure about the Ups pension plan which I'm under. I'll have to hope I get an email back answering the questions I asked.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

All my emails were answered within 10 days along with anything I mailed, maybe I got someone who cared. Or just lucky.

Nope ..you were just lucky 🍀...

Carhauler

Here is the early retirement penalty info. I was mistaken on the 6%/year penalty prior to age 65, it is 5%/year for the UPS freight/ UPS pension plan
20221020_122051.jpg
20221020_123325.jpg

I didn't know that. I wonder if they are compensated pay wise

at a higher rate since the no pension took effect?
It's been a good while since management got a pension.
And any management that's in the current pension plan is going to be Frozen in April 2023

Now they do get a 401k match but 8 don't know how much