Retirement after injury.

22 down

I need advice I have 22 years in I was injured in December long story short I'm at MMI and unable to return to work wc is going to be over does anyone know what happens next.Wanted to get 25 in, will ups make any compensation offers or just take 22 years and retire.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I need advice I have 22 years in I was injured in December long story short I'm at MMI and unable to return to work wc is going to be over does anyone know what happens next.Wanted to get 25 in, will ups make any compensation offers or just take 22 years and retire.
If you get a disability rating from the SSA you should be able to draw your full pension, at least that's the way it works around here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you get a disability rating from the SSA you should be able to draw your full pension, at least that's the way it works around here.

This will vary greatly depending upon what part of the country that you are in and whether you are in a Company or Union pension plan.

With our plan, you would be unable to start collecting until you reach normal retirement age, which is 65, and you would receive a greatly reduced amount.

Here, disability pension is 85% your accrued pension amount. Since disability is tax free, it like 100%

Short term disability, get a lawyer and get a settlement.

Sorry that this happened to you. Unfortunately seen it happen too many times.

What exactly is shirt disability? Is it where your shirt rips and needs repair. ?????Or maybe gets dirty and stinky and needs washed???
Something you won't be able to fit into tomorrow
l1ug3xGEN1oZBT7qw.gif

clean hairy

What part of the body was injured, and what physical limitations do you have?
Are you a driver?
Maybe a 22.3 could be created to accommodate you?