Retirement Age???

browniehound

Anyone else hear the rumor that the retirement age will be pushed to 60??? Confirm or deny?? I know I won't make it!

Disney,
Can you imagine any of us making it to 60 in our job? In the past, to recieve S.S. benefits 62 was early and 65 was full retirement age. Full retirement age has changed to 67 (for SS) and will probably increase in the future. I'm guessing you will suffer the same fate in the pension plan.

This is a warning to every young UPSer here (hourly and management)! You must use IRA's and the 401k if you want to retire in your 50's. If you have no plans to go into feeders, you must retire from package in your 50's. Start saving now you young fellas, because you will need it when your in that wheel chair at 69!

Package will ruin your body, so plan accordingly. If you can save enough by 57, you may be OK. If you can't, then feeders should be your goal.

Seems like feeders will allow you to function into your 70's if you got your class A early. Problem is, you could get fat and die of obesitity at 39:whiteflag:.

alister

knowing Brown it's probaly true!
I thought the union was in control of the pension plan in most parts of the country. The only exception to this that i know of is the joint control the central states have with ups because of the bail out. so how does brown affect your pension if its the union that controls it?

Re-Raise

I thought the union was in control of the pension plan in most parts of the country. The only exception to this that i know of is the joint control the central states have with ups because of the bail out. so how does brown affect your pension if its the union that controls it?

I thought the same thing. I thought UPS' only responsibility was the agreed to contribution to the pension plan each week for each full-time employee. I would think UPS would want our tired, slow, 8 week a year vacation butts out of there.

alister

I thought the same thing. I thought UPS' only responsibility was the agreed to contribution to the pension plan each week for each full-time employee. I would think UPS would want our tired, slow, 8 week a year vacation butts out of there.
Well you and I both must be wrong about this. maybe its the union giving ups the agreed to contribution to ups and ups is mismanaging the funds. that could explain why the central states pension fund was changed in the middle of the contract to reduce payouts/medical and restrict retires from being able to work at other unionized jobs at other companies. BAD BROWN how could you do such a thing!!!!!

abes

abes
I do beleive that some locals still have 30 and out at any age.Some locals have done a good job managing our fund while others have made bad decisions.

browndevil

80 and out here plus benefits for spouses. I will be 52 when I retire. Heck in 3 years I will get my 8th week of vacation I might as well keep working it is only 10 months out of the year

wyobill

I think retirement age depends on what local your in. Its different all over.
I would think one item that everone would want is a uniform retirement
and retirement benefits. We all work for the same company but the unions
for some reason are in business of controlling pensions. :happy2:

What'dyabringmetoday???

Anyone else hear the rumor that the retirement age will be pushed to 60??? Confirm or deny?? I know I won't make it!
I think you can expect a lot of changes in the years to come. Not only pension, but health benefits as well. As far as pension, we have 30 and out in our local. Eventually, it will not be able to function with people retiring as young as 48 years old. Like browniehound stated, you should be saving elsewhere in case the pension goes down the tubes. (These are opinions, not facts.)