Retirement from local 396

Pismo Bill

My husband retired 10 years ago from UPS local 396. Can’t find out about our medical from UPS. Does anyone know if they lifted the $500,000 maximum with Aetna and what happens when you become eligible for Medicare?
the 500,000 max is still in affect.when your Medicare starts it is your primary Aetna becomes your secondary

twoweeled

My husband retired 10 years ago from UPS local 396. Can’t find out about our medical from UPS. Does anyone know if they lifted the $500,000 maximum with Aetna and what happens when you become eligible for Medicare?
Retired 10 years ago, and your just starting to get acquainted with your coverage? Not aware of who to call yet? 10 years?

Somethings+wrong+here_00de6a_5039939.jpg

MojaveJim

I officially got a letter from Teamsters Western Region WR177 Health Care Plan stating "the Trustees voted to remove the $500,000 lifetime benefit maximum from the Retiree Plan for claims incurred on and after August 1 2018. It also stated that the premiums would remain the same for 2018 & 19. Nothing was said about anything after 2019. I thought the contract was suppose to keep the premiums the same throughout the entire contract, but it seems the Trustees can vote any way they want.

LagunaBrown

Mmmm, I know the Dental coverage was reduced, but I've seen or heard nothing of this you speak? Nada!
Rumor control also had it, the monthly rate was going to be reduced - but again, I've seen nothing about that either. Nada!
How sure are you about this?
First off are you even it our plan? A lot of you guys don’t know jack :censored2:.

LagunaBrown

I officially got a letter from Teamsters Western Region WR177 Health Care Plan stating "the Trustees voted to remove the $500,000 lifetime benefit maximum from the Retiree Plan for claims incurred on and after August 1 2018. It also stated that the premiums would remain the same for 2018 & 19. Nothing was said about anything after 2019. I thought the contract was suppose to keep the premiums the same throughout the entire contract, but it seems the Trustees can vote any way they want.
Everything got better yet you bash the trustees..... WTF? Please think and don’t blame the trustees if the plan changes in the future. There are forces like President Trump that want to change the current afordable healthcare act. Those changes can effect the cost of the WR177 plan. As of right now The affordable healthcare act is working. Try being happy and just look at the situation UPS freight is in. That could be us.

MojaveJim

Easy LB! I AM happy about the lifted lifetime maximum. I thought about framing the letter! Getting clarification is not bashing. The vote Yes campaign said that premiums would not got up, so most would assume that was for the entire contract. If the trustees can change any of the benefits at any time, then that can be very unnerving for those of us with serious health concerns. Maybe you would need to be in those boots to understand.

From the letter "This change is based on current benefit-funding projections, and the continued favorable claims experience of the Plan. The Trustees acknowledge and appreciate the efforts of plan participants to prudently utilize the benefits this Plan provides and strongly encourage the continued us of in-Network Providers." and "This flows from the partial settlement of the recent collective bargaining process between UPS and IBT" Interesting choice of words. The contract doesn't seem to mandate this change.

I am well aware of the forces that are trying to undermine the ACA, that's one of many reasons I always vote!

You need to refrain from the WTF, "Please think" and "try being happy" comments, it doesn't help. I am happy and I do think, probably overthink!

twoweeled

First off are you even it our plan? A lot of you guys don’t know jack :censored2:.
Wish I would've seen this earlier. I don't know Jack who? LOL! It may be true, a lot of guys don't know much. Judging by your poor non informative answer. You're one of them! Absolutely, no substance whatsoever.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Wish I would've seen this earlier. I don't know Jack who? LOL! It may be true, a lot of guys don't know much. Judging by your poor non informative answer. You're one of them! Absolutely, no substance whatsoever.
He says that peer 80 ( age and years of service added up =80=full retirement at any age) is a good benefit “if you can’t work for whatever reason”.... lol sorry but once I get to my 80 I am out....and I won’t be looking back

twoweeled

He says that peer 80 ( age and years of service added up =80=full retirement at any age) is a good benefit “if you can’t work for whatever reason”.... lol sorry but once I get to my 80 I am out....and I won’t be looking back
That's what I would do if I could. In fact, I pretty much did that. Left as soon as I was able too. Being number one, or getting more and more and more, was of no importance to me. Finally doing the things I wanted to do, when I wanted to was the priority. I thought to myself, how stupid I would feel if I was to drag it out for max years working, and then dying 2 years after retiring. Nope! Like you, the thought was to go as quick as possible.

LagunaBrown

Mmmm, I know the Dental coverage was reduced, but I've seen or heard nothing of this you speak? Nada!
Rumor control also had it, the monthly rate was going to be reduced - but again, I've seen nothing about that either. Nada!
How sure are you about this?
Did it ever cross your mind that you can call the insurance plan and get the information yourself? I swear you guys on here are are such babies. I bet 90% of you have your wife do all the research for healthcare and that is why your so clueless.

Pismo Bill

I am also 10 yrs retired from 396. at 65 Medicare becomes primary Aetna secondary. as far as the 500,00 limit the 396 supplement has not finalized yet.

LagunaBrown

I am also 10 yrs retired from 396. at 65 Medicare becomes primary Aetna secondary. as far as the 500,00 limit the 396 supplement has not finalized yet.

There is a lot of bad information from people considered to be reliable sources on Browncafe. Talk to you Local Business agent or visit the healthcare website. Let’s make it a point to give good information, we are all on the same team.
3D64F7CF-8ABF-4043-9C26-526517B82BF6.jpeg

Shiftless

There is a lot of bad information from people considered to be reliable sources on Browncafe. Talk to you Local Business agent or visit the healthcare website. Let’s make it a point to give good information, we are all on the same team.
View attachment 230275

I worked and took my retirement as a Western States Teamster and my insurance is thru UPS not the Teamsters plan. Getting a benefit of the removal of the 500K limit is very cool! Altho that doesn't say lifetime, I assume when time gets tough they can rescind that benefit at will. Either way for now its a great thing!