retirement gift

quad decade guy

I did get a watch, my job steward started my ceremony presenting it to me. I still haven't figured how to take extra links out of it.

It's strange how retirements happen from Center-to-Center. My manager wouldn't look me in the face after I told him I picked my date in October. We do decent retirement ceremonies in my Hub. The same manager didn't do a thing for a couple of drivers that retired from a nearby Center in the same Division.
Doesn't sound "decent".....well I guess to some maybe.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Grievances were backlogged all year but between last month and this month they have all finally been settled and I have gotten right at $3,000 for Supe Working,8 Hour Violations and 9.5 's so these checks have been the absolute best retirement gift I could have gotten. Two weeks to go before retirement and I'm thinking I have a bit left to shake from the Grievance Tree

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I did get a watch, my job steward started my ceremony presenting it to me. I still haven't figured how to take extra links out of it.

It's strange how retirements happen from Center-to-Center. My manager wouldn't look me in the face after I told him I picked my date in October. We do decent retirement ceremonies in my Hub. The same manager didn't do a thing for a couple of drivers that retired from a nearby Center in the same Division.
I had my young'un tell him I'm retiring and invited him to my retirement day lol. He was NOT interested haahahaahaha. I'm bringing my own cake ,punch and coffee for my last day.I dont expect ANYTHING from the folks that run my building. oh,and I'm giving my onroad a bottle of cheap champagne as i KNOW he will enjoy celebrating my retirement hahahhaahahaa

quad decade guy

I had my young'un tell him I'm retiring and invited him to my retirement day lol. He was NOT interested haahahaahaha. I'm bringing my own cake ,punch and coffee for my last day.I dont expect ANYTHING from the folks that run my building. oh,and I'm giving my onroad a bottle of cheap champagne as i KNOW he will enjoy celebrating my retirement hahahhaahahaa
Why not file an option day and friend that place. Don't waste ANYTHING on ANYONE up there. Congrats.

UPSER1987

Who is "they"? The company?

Why were you at the breakfast?

Did/do you care....about the driver or the one "they" hated?

Did your Local do anything for these drivers? What did YOU do?

After the driver didn't show, what happened? Did "they" cancel the breakfast?

Had the hourly and upper mgt people been married while employed?

Thanks.
He didn’t do anything but make up this story.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I picked mine out today

Item Ordered:​

Poulan 16” gas powered chainsaw features powerful, 38cc, 2-cycle engine, automatic gear driven chain oiler operates when saw is running and while in use, reduced kick back for safer operation, and comes fully assembled. (CARB compliant.)

756181.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I picked mine out today

Item Ordered:​

Poulan 16” gas powered chainsaw features powerful, 38cc, 2-cycle engine, automatic gear driven chain oiler operates when saw is running and while in use, reduced kick back for safer operation, and comes fully assembled. (CARB compliant.)

View attachment 332315
Now all you have to do is teach the wife how to run it.

CHEMA-DELMA

I retired in 2017, ordered something from the catalog, come home one day and see a cardboard box in the woods next to my driveway, I go and look at it and that is were the driver left it. I have a long driveway but you can turn a P800 around near the house. I am guessing my normal driver was on vacation? Retirement priceless.