Retirement

Retired officially today. Paperwork signed and delivered. Union says I'll get my first check tomorrow 1st of the month. Anyone ever have any problems receiving their pension direct deposit?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Retired officially today. Paperwork signed and delivered. Union says I'll get my first check tomorrow 1st of the month. Anyone ever have any problems receiving their pension direct deposit?

Congrats.

How soon before your retirement did you submit your paperwork? In our local you are asked to submit it at least 90 days, preferably 180 days, before your projected retirement date to ensure that it is complete and that you will receive your first pension check on the first business day of the month following your retirement date.

I am retiring 6/22/18. My packet is complete and sitting at the pension office. HR will separate me from the system on 6/23, which should ensure that I receive my first pension check on 7/1.

The biggest problem most new retirees have is waiting until the last minute to fill their paperwork and then having to "re-do" parts of their packet due to incomplete or inaccurate information.

upschuck

Congrats.

How soon before your retirement did you submit your paperwork? In our local you are asked to submit it at least 90 days, preferably 180 days, before your projected retirement date to ensure that it is complete and that you will receive your first pension check on the first business day of the month following your retirement date.

I am retiring 6/22/18. My packet is complete and sitting at the pension office. HR will separate me from the system on 6/23, which should ensure that I receive my first pension check on 7/1.

The biggest problem most new retirees have is waiting until the last minute to fill their paperwork and then having to "re-do" parts of their packet due to incomplete or inaccurate information.
You moved it up a week.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Nope just like clockwork

Statement shows up a day or two before end of month

Check shows up in account on the first

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Don't forget to get your Union Withdrawl Card .

I was out on disability leave when my time came , I arranged it so that after the last disability check came , my pension checks started .