Retirement

probably comparable. let me change that.

anyone who doesnt inherit property in vancouver or toronto and has to either pay exorbitant rents or mortgages is not middle class. there is no middle class UPS driver in these cities.
It’s always been that way in Seattle. That’s why people live in Renton, kent, federal way, lynnwood, Everett, etc.

rickyb

It’s always been that way in Seattle. That’s why people live in Renton, kent, federal way, lynnwood, Everett, etc.
for comparison my parents place in 88 was roughly 350,000. sold in 2008 for 1,050,000. our new house was 950,000 in 2008 with one side of the basement unrenovated. now its 2,600,000 roughly.

rickyb

Maybe you sjshou move to the United States?
im obviously joking about wanting to move to US, but i am trying to get my EU dual citizenship.

i think even though america has no healthcare, with the cost of rents / mortgages in toronto / vancouver, its very possible people would have a higher standard of living in some american big cities.

im obviously joking about wanting to move to US, but i am trying to get my EU dual citizenship.

i think even though america has no healthcare, with the cost of rents / mortgages in toronto / vancouver, its very possible people would have a higher standard of living in some american big cities.
I see people from Canada all of the time when im on vacation. They come down here and soens money like crazy.

rickyb

A few years ago im sure we had more people from Canada coming down when the Canadian dollar was a bit stronger.
back when border patrol wasnt on my dick while we were down there we would go shopping for jeans and shoes. shoes are 50% cheaper than canada.

rickyb

for comparison my parents place in 88 was roughly 350,000. sold in 2008 for 1,050,000. our new house was 950,000 in 2008 with one side of the basement unrenovated. now its 2,600,000 roughly.
and incomes have been flat since 1989. actually i just asked my pops and he thinks our place is worth 3,000,000 not 2.6.

so yea the middle class is dead where i am and i think were turning into a society based on inheritance not social mobility.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
yea weve got some government ones and some privatized ones.

the conservatives created something called tax free savings. but then i read it was a give away to the rich because alot of people arent / cant save anything anyways.

the welfare program is uncivilized. i collected EI sickness 5 years back and it took over 6 months to get the money and on top of that the phone line is hard to talk to someone. lucky for me i was in a position where i didnt depend on those cheques, but theres ALOT of people who need that money asap and arent getting it.

Good thing mom came thru for you