Retro check is in!

upschuck

Why is there 3,884.84-?
Looked and didnt see that. Interesting. Maybe an accounting thing they had to do. I had checks where they did similar, but ended up being the correct amount.

Looks like we need more information for poster as to his pay rate and position.

weirdohappy

Looked and didnt see that. Interesting. Maybe an accounting thing they had to do. I had checks where they did similar, but ended up being the correct amount.

Looks like we need more information for poster as to his pay rate and position.

Full time driver, hit 36 months in december, was making $25.83, now 28.75. Our building also has guys who went fulltime before August and are making $25.++ and people who went full time after August 1st who are making $27.++ and there's no remedy currently

upschuck

Full time driver, hit 36 months in december, was making $25.83, now 28.75. Our building also has guys who went fulltime before August and are making $25.++ and people who went full time after August 1st who are making $27.++ and there's no remedy currently
Check with your supervisor immediately, then grieve if necessary.

Indecisi0n

He's in collusion with management.
tenor.gif

Mr. Marshall

I just got mine but they taxed the :censored2: out of it.
Over 25% stolen right off the top.
Holy :censored2:!!!!!
Why does nobody know how the tax system works? Your tax rate is your tax rate based on your total income minus deductions so if you paid too much you will get it back when you file your taxes. They take extra because if this were to bump you into a higher tax bracket you would complain in April when you had to write a check. It that's only 25 percent counting your state rate (if you have one) and the almost 10 percent that is coming out no what for Social Security and Medicare you pay a very low effective tax rate and you should be very pleased. I gave away almost 20k to charity last year and maxed out my 401 and my effective tax rate was still higher than 15 percent Federally. I understand that almost 50 percent of people pay no Federal taxes so it's a shock to the system but if you are one of those people you will see that all back.

MattM

Why does nobody know how the tax system works? Your tax rate is your tax rate based on your total income minus deductions so if you paid too much you will get it back when you file your taxes. They take extra because if this were to bump you into a higher tax bracket you would complain in April when you had to write a check. It that's only 25 percent counting your state rate (if you have one) and the almost 10 percent that is coming out no what for Social Security and Medicare you pay a very low effective tax rate and you should be very pleased. I gave away almost 20k to charity last year and maxed out my 401 and my effective tax rate was still higher than 15 percent Federally. I understand that almost 50 percent of people pay no Federal taxes so it's a shock to the system but if you are one of those people you will see that all back.
Sadly, so many in poverty can claim exempt, but instead keep withholdings at 0, and feel they are getting a true reward from the government when they get $2k-4K back.

80% of the PTers at my building are within the 10% tax bracket range. They got taxed at 25-30% today on their big retro checks. They will get all of that back. What they need to now do is up their allowances to 2-3, and not let the feds take anymore out for the rest of the year.

Unless you have a tricky tax situation, you should already have an idea of what you will owe. If anything, with 26 weeks left, you can add in a set amount to be withheld if that makes people more comfortable.

For the drivers getting taxed at 25%, isn’t that already within your effective tax rate?

Sadly, so many in poverty can claim exempt, but instead keep withholdings at 0, and feel they are getting a true reward from the government when they get $2k-4K back.

80% of the PTers at my building are within the 10% tax bracket range. They got taxed at 25-30% today on their big retro checks. They will get all of that back. What they need to now do is up their allowances to 2-3, and not let the feds take anymore out for the rest of the year.

Unless you have a tricky tax situation, you should already have an idea of what you will owe. If anything, with 26 weeks left, you can add in a set amount to be withheld if that makes people more comfortable.

For the drivers getting taxed at 25%, isn’t that already within your effective tax rate?
My check was taxed like a normal paycheck