Retro check

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Hopefully the UPS decision makers would consider this similar enough to stealing, and fire you.

I've sat here for the past 5 mins trying to figure out how to respond to this. My normal, go to response is to be a dick and be sarcastic.

SO before I go that route.....

Please explain what you mean and how you got to, "similar enough to stealing," when it's our money earned.

CoffeeStainedUniform

Hopefully the UPS decision makers would consider this similar enough to stealing, and fire you.
UPS pays you. You tell them what % to send to the government as income tax. At the end of the year you reconsile the difference as "filing your taxes".

If you mess up you either get a refund or owe the IRS at the end of the year. Claiming 15 dependents is never stealing, it's simply saying I owe taxes like someone with 2 brady bunch families.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS pays you. You tell them what % to send to the government as income tax. At the end of the year you reconsile the difference as "filing your taxes".

If you mess up you either get a refund or owe the IRS at the end of the year. Claiming 15 dependents is never stealing, it's simply saying I owe taxes like someone with 2 brady bunch families.
Claiming too many dependents isn't stealing but you could end owing a penalty to the IRS.

542thruNthru

It came up with "RTRO" abbreviation next to it on check.

You're mistaken.

RTRO means Rut-Roh. It's a check from @scooby0048 for services rendered.
scooby-doo-ruh-roh-gif-11.gif

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Claiming too many dependents isn't stealing but you could end owing a penalty to the IRS.
This is very true. Not to mention what the IRS considers, "stealing",makes UPS look like amateurs. Have a 401k or IRA try turning 73 without withdrawal. Not going to happen the IRS wants the money it deserves, for the past years you didn't withdraw and pay your taxes like a good little citizen. Penalties and back taxes are massive in some cases.

MC0493

Going through progression still. I'll be awaiting a nice fat check, sucks it'll get taxed to hell. I don't feel like messing around with deductions cause i'll manage to screw it up somehow. Either way extra money.