Retro Pay

Quigley

My neighbor kid started in June 2013, attained seniority Aug 8 , seniority date is June 2013, he got a retro check dating from Aug 1 to April 25. I know that for a fact because he asked me to help him figure his hours from Aug 1 to April 25, and it came out perfect. The contract says you get the GWI period. It doesnt say its based on your progression date.

J

jibbs

Mine looks good, provided the hours are right. I'm gonna go through and add those up on UPSers.com here in a little bit.

I earned $0.50/hr worked since August 1st, though, not the $0.70 or $1.00 figures that people had been throwing around in the past few weeks/months. My payrate only went up $0.50 because of the new contract, though, so it all makes sense to me.

It's pretty rare to have happen but hey, I'm satisfied.

Damondogg

Got my retro check, of course Uncle Sam took a BIG chunk out. Thought I would at least take home $1000. Close, but oh well it's always nice to come back from vacation to a check that's going in my account.

Sent using BrownCafe App

working up a sweat

The new hires hired for peak(after 10-1-13) at my hub that made the cut, got more retro money than me. No jealosy. The raise in the start pay is a big deal in the new contract. I work in the NE supplement. They worked hard to make the layoff cut after peak to get the bennies after 6 months here. They were all smiles with the 300.00 check tonight. They usually made 60.00 a week take home after paying the initiation fees. Air Hub contract here, only paid for time worked for PTers. No 17.5 gauranteed pay in check. Gaurenteed 17.5 paid into health and pension though. 8 to 12 hour week average. The progression will be different until 2018, I think. 50 cents on anniversary date for them and 70 cents for pre 8-1-13 hires on 8-1 every year.

JL 0513

fedup14

The new hires hired for peak(after 10-1-13) at my hub that made the cut, got more retro money than me. No jealosy. The raise in the start pay is a big deal in the new contract. I work in the NE supplement. They worked hard to make the layoff cut after peak to get the bennies after 6 months here. They were all smiles with the 300.00 check tonight. They usually made 60.00 a week take home after paying the initiation fees. Air Hub contract here, only paid for time worked for PTers. No 17.5 gauranteed pay in check. Gaurenteed 17.5 paid into health and pension though. 8 to 12 hour week average. The progression will be different until 2018, I think. 50 cents on anniversary date for them and 70 cents for pre 8-1-13 hires on 8-1 every year.
I'm one of the drivers hired for peak and thought my retro check was a mistake but after reading this comment not so sure seasonal drivers got the pay difference as well? What was the difference in pay, was making $16.10

Damondogg

I'm at local 89, I've heard that some part timers in my hub have received $800 est checks, how is that right when I have 20 yrs seniority & I just got $809? There's no way that these kids worked more hours or even OT hours than me. Weird

Sent using BrownCafe App

Coldworld

60 months and counting
8-12 hours per week...I'm sorry that is utter bs..

Quigley

What about pters hired after 8/1/13?? How much is our annual raise??

Sent using BrownCafe App
No annual raise. You get the new progression rate, below is the scale.
All part-time employees, who are hired or reach seniority after
August 1, 2008 13 will be paid according to the following wage

schedules:
Hourly Rate
Preloader All
Sorter Others
Start $11.00 $10.00
Seniority plus one (1) year $11.50 $10.50
Seniority plus two (2) years $12.00 $11.00
Seniority plus three (3) years $13.00 $12.00
Seniority plus four (4) years $13.50 $12.50

Please help me understand this if anyone can... I'm local 631 Vegas. Retro stub showed up online, 104 ST and 93 OT hours for a whopping $234.

I started PT cover driving May 2013 at ~$22/hr, came from preload so my stubs still showed my rate as ~$15 even though I never got paid that again. I was driving every week with OT. Never went back to preload and worked all of peak maxing out at 60 hour weeks.

Now just a few weeks ago I was officially made a FT driver, it was the week of April 26th. Pay rate went to ~$24/hr.

Am I missing something or have I been screwed out of a ton of retro pay hours?? Is there any explanation for this... such as the cover driver rate was higher than my preload rate so I don't get any retro raise pay or something?

I am getting confused by progression and seniority dates... Not sure if my progression started when I went PT cover or FT driver and likewise with my seniority... As I did 30 to make PT cover and just finished another 30 when I was made FT.

Thanks for any help!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Full time driving seniority should have been May 21 last week, that would be 30 days.

HOWEVER... the first day of my full time driving promotion, they said they aren't sending a sup out I'll sign the packet when I get back, I had a raise from that day on the check, so I'm not sure if that constitutes my seniority date.

Sorry I know we're getting into other topics, but I thought even as a PT cover I attained seniority and started my progression.

Sent using BrownCafe App