Retro Pay

Quigley

Full time driving seniority should have been May 21 last week, that would be 30 days.

HOWEVER... the first day of my full time driving promotion, they said they aren't sending a sup out I'll sign the packet when I get back, I had a raise from that day on the check, so I'm not sure if that constitutes my seniority date.

Sorry I know we're getting into other topics, but I thought even as a PT cover I attained seniority and started my progression.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Its hard to give you the right answer without knowing what your seniority date is. When you went from preload to Pt cover, did your seniority date at that point change and did you go on the drivers seniority and vacation list? If it did what was that date?

I bid my vacation through my driving center when I was still a PT cover driver. My "earn date" on said sheet is May 27th, which interestingly enough is my preload seniority date from 2007. Just to make it more confusing...

Nevertheless, aside from all this mess aren't ALL employees entitled to the retro pay... Whether part time, full time, inside or driving? If we disregard my particulars, I still am missing all those hours

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ok I see why you are asking now... I was definitely hired full time after Aug 2013.

I am going to ask in the morning why I wasn't paid for all my PT cover driving hours then... That seniority date was definitely before Aug 2013. I was thinking that since the cover rate is so much higher than the preload rate that I was not paid the difference in retro pay or something like that.

I can't figure for the life of me where they got some 100 hours of straight time on the retro check...

Thanks for reading my debacle though at least! I was hoping there was maybe some blanket response to all this =)

Sent using BrownCafe App

Quigley

You should get the .70 from Aug 1 to the day you went full time. At that point you are under the new 4 year wage progression.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So I've talked to a steward about this and he seems to think I just got "lucky".
I got a 50 cent progression raise after August 1st($9.50 to $10.00). So my retro pay should technically be 70 cents from August 1st to my one year seniority date, then 50 cents from that point on(bringing me up to match the new higher starting wage progression schedule, $10.50 at 1 year).

However, the retro check paid me at 70 cents for all hours worked August 1st- April 25th. I know my math isn't wrong because it's pretty simple, divide total pay by total hours listed, comes out to .70 for straight hours.

So should I view this as a payroll mistake, and feel lucky? Or should I use it as proof that I should get my post August 1st progression increase AND the 70 cent General Wage Increase? (which would put me at $10.70 not $10.50)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Here is one way to figure it out. What would you be making assuming the contract went into effect on Aug 1
That's what I was thinking.... if the contract had gone into effect August 1st, I would have been at $10.20, and been bumped up to $10.50 to match the new hire progression rate starting in September on my 1 year seniority date.

But the retro check lumped all the hours together. When I divide total pay by total hours, they paid me 70 cents for ALL hours worked August 1st through contract implementation...... so in other words September through April 25th the paid me $10.70.

The steward says I just got lucky.... I was just wondering if he was right. Or if maybe I should actually be at $10.70.

saintrick

So I've talked to a steward about this and he seems to think I just got "lucky".
I got a 50 cent progression raise after August 1st($9.50 to $10.00). So my retro pay should technically be 70 cents from August 1st to my one year seniority date, then 50 cents from that point on(bringing me up to match the new higher starting wage progression schedule, $10.50 at 1 year).

However, the retro check paid me at 70 cents for all hours worked August 1st- April 25th. I know my math isn't wrong because it's pretty simple, divide total pay by total hours listed, comes out to .70 for straight hours.

So should I view this as a payroll mistake, and feel lucky? Or should I use it as proof that I should get my post August 1st progression increase AND the 70 cent General Wage Increase? (which would put me at $10.70 not $10.50)

Do the total hours you expected to get paid match what is on your retro check?

It could be that in the accounting process your total hours were adjusted and paid at .70 instead of paying some hours at .50 and some at .70

For example retro to be paid should be
200 hrs at .70 = 140
500 hrs at .50 = 250
Total =390

Retro check paid at
557.15 hrs at .70 = 390

I do not know if this was done or not. It could explain why some are seeing their hours much lower then what they expected.

By The Book

When working your part time shift, do you do a skilled position? In our local if you load trucks daily on preload or sort on local sort you get a dollar more. I think $11.00 is the new hire rate.