Returning to UPS

Nah
I appreciate you trying to understand. COVID became a "thing" in February 2020. By 2/20 I went out on sick leave and exhausted all of my sick time, then went on FMLA for 12 weeks. Stayed glued to major media (looking back, that was a mistake) and it painted a pretty dark picture. At the end of my FMLA I asked management to see if they would extend me another 30 days. My center manager said he couldn't do it. I told him I would walk. Every supervisor in the center called me asking if this was something I really wanted to do. I said no it's something I felt I had to do. July 1st that was that.

Hardest decision I've had to make. It is what it is I'm trained by the best and can drive my ass off regardless of what color the truck is. If FedEx is welcoming me with open arms I'll go there. Simple as that.
If you can get by part-time you could just work your way up again.

I appreciate you trying to understand. COVID became a "thing" in February 2020. By 2/20 I went out on sick leave and exhausted all of my sick time, then went on FMLA for 12 weeks. Stayed glued to major media (looking back, that was a mistake) and it painted a pretty dark picture. At the end of my FMLA I asked management to see if they would extend me another 30 days. My center manager said he couldn't do it. I told him I would walk. Every supervisor in the center called me asking if this was something I really wanted to do. I said no it's something I felt I had to do. July 1st that was that.

Hardest decision I've had to make. It is what it is I'm trained by the best and can drive my ass off regardless of what color the truck is. If FedEx is welcoming me with open arms I'll go there. Simple as that.
It's a shame you didn't get your 5 years in. At least you would have a little something vested into the pension plan

Nah
It's a shame you didn't get your 5 years in. At least you would have a little something invested into the pension plan
Mine is like $5000 or something. I wanted a lump sum but they say it's too much to give me a lump sum.

I'm like, too much by how much? Reduce it by that amount and write me a check. I've got 30 years before I can tap into that. With inflation it's gonna be the equivalent of like a penny a month by that point.

It's my money and I want it now.

Mine is like $5000 or something. I wanted a lump sum but they say it's too much to give me a lump sum.

I'm like, too much by how much? Reduce it by that amount and write me a check. I've got 30 years before I can tap into that. With inflation it's gonna be the equivalent of like a penny a month by that point.

It's my money and I want it now.
You would think they would want you off the books

BrownThunder

If you can get by part-time you could just work your way up again
Agreed. Sadly they are not hiring package handlers in my building at this time. When they start it will likely be seasonal employees. Sure, I can visit the center and see all my old comrades but outside of high fives and "where the hell have you been" convos, I'm unsure if any strings could be pulled. I left right before the hybrid drivers rolled out, so I'm unsure if they'll even need seasonal drivers with all the PVDs and Hybrids that will be running.

Might just talk to a buddy of mine who drives 18 wheelers with FedEx. Feeders was my ultimate end goal with UPS anyways, might be time to start looking at the major leagues of trucking.

Nah
Sure, but his irrational fear cost him.
It wasn't irrational though. You and I may have seen through the lies, but remember most Americans only know what the media tells them and lack the ability to find out for themselves. Or the courage. And with elderly parents, who were more vulnerable...

He made a decision he felt made sense at the time. Now he admits believing the media was a huge mistake, but again. Not everyone is you or me.

They say the reason they can't is because it's too much.

Like I said, I'll literally let them reduce it to the amount they can do a lump sum and just give me that. I was only at UPS 6 years. How far over can I possibly be?
Depends on how well your plan is funded also

How much for about all the rules left the plan is not fully funded they cannot pay out lump sum payments

Thebrownblob

It wasn't irrational though. You and I may have seen through the lies, but remember most Americans only know what the media tells them and lack the ability to find out for themselves. Or the courage. And with elderly parents, who were more vulnerable...

He made a decision he felt made sense at the time. Now he admits believing the media was a huge mistake, but again. Not everyone is you or me.
That’s very true but again your

True so they take away here is…,
Be careful who you believe because choices have consequences.

Thebrownblob

PT pension in the Central Region...
So you had a part-time pension in the central? Strange, they wouldn’t pay you because I know of people who I used to work with calling me and telling me they were getting paid off who had eight and 10 years in the central part time.

Nah
Agreed. Sadly they are not hiring package handlers in my building at this time. When they start it will likely be seasonal employees. Sure, I can visit the center and see all my old comrades but outside of high fives and "where the hell have you been" convos, I'm unsure if any strings could be pulled. I left right before the hybrid drivers rolled out, so I'm unsure if they'll even need seasonal drivers with all the PVDs and Hybrids that will be running.

Might just talk to a buddy of mine who drives 18 wheelers with FedEx. Feeders was my ultimate end goal with UPS anyways, might be time to start looking at the major leagues of trucking.
Hell, I left UPS to go to Nevada and drive 250 ton haul trucks (Cat 793C/D).

Now I'm at a different Mine driving 100/150 ton haul trucks. If you have any Mines or quarries nearby try that.