Riding with drivers.

Upser08

They care enough to give you a paycheck, and amazing benefits!!!
Always remember that without the union most hourly employees would be in the unemployment line.

slantnosechevy

They care enough to give you a paycheck, and amazing benefits!!!
Always remember that without the union most hourly employees would be in the unemployment line.

Actually according to some customers of mine who have organized and conducted Job Fairs throughout the midwest for 35 years say that former UPS managers have a very low placement rating(28%) while former drivers place in the 80% range. It's even higher for retired drivers looking for part-time work. Companies love hard workers. They've see them everyday and aren't afraid to hire them.

j13501

Ride with drivers on Saturday because Sunday is Mothers day!!!!!! Ups doesn't care about their people!!!!!!!!

The reason some areas have supervisors riding with drivers on the Saturday before Mother's Day is because it's normally the heaviest (non peak season) saturday air day of the year. Extra help is needed that day to ensure service meets our customers' expectations. This is a business decision; it's not an uncaring UPS.

I remember looking at the numbers and expecting another big Saturday before Father's Day. Not even close! It proves what all of us know- Mothers are truly special!

opie

Peak season doesn't even affect Saturdays. Mother's Day is the 'peak day' for the year. And the reason they may have supervisors riding with drivers is to do the annual safety audit. Though it may not be the best time of year to do one with all the extra work. But it's the best opportunity because on a typical Saturday there is only two Supervisors, meanwhile this Saturday will have several helping out.

brownone

Actually according to some customers of mine who have organized and conducted Job Fairs throughout the midwest for 35 years say that former UPS managers have a very low placement rating(28%) while former drivers place in the 80% range. It's even higher for retired drivers looking for part-time work. Companies love hard workers. They've see them everyday and aren't afraid to hire them.

Always surprises me the number of former drivers who are Walmart greeters now.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Thanks for that drivel AntiSOCKS.

local804

The reason some areas have supervisors riding with drivers on the Saturday before Mother's Day is because it's normally the heaviest (non peak season) saturday air day of the year. Extra help is needed that day to ensure service meets our customers' expectations. This is a business decision; it's not an uncaring UPS.

!

Well how is a rider going to help out to meet our customers expectations? He wouldnt be delivering any packages and wouldnt be in a seperate package car. Is any other day of the week any different then?

If extra help is needed, they can put up an extra work day list up(6th day) and drivers in seniority order can work.

brownIEman

Well how is a rider going to help out to meet our customers expectations? He wouldnt be delivering any packages and wouldnt be in a seperate package car. Is any other day of the week any different then?

If extra help is needed, they can put up an extra work day list up(6th day) and drivers in seniority order can work.

The help he is talking about IS extra drivers who signed a list and were awarded the work in seniority order, or were forced in in reverse seniority order. The riders are typically just there to do annual S&V rides and observations or to train with new cover drivers who may have barely driven who are forced in.

DS

Fenderbender
Always surprises me the number of former drivers who are Walmart greeters now.

Hoaxster, You are not missing anything. You take the whole group at the convention and combine them together and you still come up 2 cans short of six pack when it comes to common sense and brains. ...

Always surprises me the number of former ups management employees with a hot dog cart:wink2:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hoaxster, You are not missing anything. You take the whole group at the convention and combine them together and you still come up 2 cans short of six pack when it comes to common sense and brains. ...

Always surprises me the number of former ups management employees with a hot dog cart:wink2:

Ha, Ive heard personally of a couple full time sups who have gone to other companies and start pulling the "ups" crap there and didnt last very long....Yes, there are many companies out there that treat their employees fairly and labor relations are good AND they make a large profit. UPS could do the same thing BUT choose to run the company this way. It has nothing to do with going public, or having a union....