RIP George Floyd /I'ld like to remind everyone- this message board is public

oldngray

nowhere special
That’s why I quit ... Jonesy was paid twice what I was paid!

And don’t get me started on The Big Ape ... he was always Cher’s favorite.
There’s no telling what he got paid under the table ... and the sheets!
You get what you pay for

monkeys_with_computers.jpg

rickyb

Actually you have no free speech as a Canadian. I've read of a few government encroachments on a "right" I'm not sure was even acknowledged by your government masters.
where do i have no free speech?

i think canadians can more easily protest than americans.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
where do i have no free speech?

i think canadians can more easily protest than americans.
From Wikipedia:
Freedom of expression in Canada is not absolute; Section 1 of the Charter allows the government to pass laws that limit free expression so long as the limits are "reasonable and can be justified in a free and democratic society"

So basically, you have freedom of expression as long as the government thinks it is "reasonable".
Sure. I trust government to be "reasonable".

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
From Wikipedia:

So basically, you have freedom of expression as long as the government thinks it is "reasonable".
There are pretty clear limits to freedom of speech in the US, but the consequences are often civil rather than criminal. You can be sued for slander for instance.
You might not go to jail but you can basically be bankrupted.

rickyb

From Wikipedia:

i have no idea, but i think theres less police repression here than america for protests. in terms of free speech, im against big tech censorship.

UPSER1987

Can I ask you a question and get a totally honest answer, since this is an anonymous forum? You seem like an intelligent, rational person. As a Black person who probably thinks there is no reverse racism, what do you call it when Black people denigrate Whites or name call Whites when they are by themselves?

Just wondering...Where did you get the idea that I am black?