RIP George Floyd /I'ld like to remind everyone- this message board is public

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
5AC59307-CED6-48B5-9A32-E3A20C64CAAF.gif

Are you saying you’re not?

quad decade guy

I am from Minneapolis
The prejudice and ignorance on this board sickens me almost as much as the video of George Floyds murder, with his "brothers" standing by.

If you have not watched that video in full- all 10 minutes I recommend you do so.

Even the comments about the truck driver on 35w. Where you joke, laugh or talk tough.
Behind your keyboard, or in your small town, rural route, neighborhood.

I'ld like to remind you, everyone who speaks here, and those who encourage this, or those who say nothing. You have brothers here, who wear a uniform, who drive clearly marked vehicles here and the many other cities involved.

I speak now as not a member of UPS or a member of the teamsters. I speak as a citizen here. We are in fear, we are grieving. We are sickened by the murder we witnessed by the police, we are sickened by the riots and taking over of our police precinct, the looting and the burning. We want and need peace.

I will stick around to take your abuse, and your jokes. Then I will leave this message board, this is not a group I want to be a member of.

What murder?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
No I’m not. I detest racism of any kind toward any race. Blacks are just more likely to be the target of racism than some other groups.

Glad to hear that..Many of us feel the same say, that being said. Question for you: What if George was white and the police officer was african american?

Would the reaction been the same?

UPSER1987

Glad to hear that..Many of us feel the same say, that being said. Question for you: What if George was white and the police officer was african american?

Would the reaction been the same?

Honestly probably not, which I wouldn’t agree with. Wrong is wrong. The only difference is that this abuse against minorities by the cops is regular and been going on way too long. Black cop on white would be the exception. White cop on black is the rule. And if one has not been exposed to minority communities, you probably don’t understand the anger and outrage against the police. White folks are comfortable going to the police. Most minorities don’t have the same privilege. That is wrong.

vantexan

Honestly probably not, which I wouldn’t agree with. Wrong is wrong. The only difference is that this abuse against minorities by the cops is regular and been going on way too long. Black cop on white would be the exception. White cop on black is the rule. And if one has not been exposed to minority communities, you probably don’t understand the anger and outrage against the police. White folks are comfortable going to the police. Most minorities don’t have the same privilege. That is wrong.
Whites killing blacks, cop or not, are a small percentage of black murders. More than 90% of blacks murdered are by other blacks. Of the remaining murders of blacks whites aren't the only ones killing them. Hispanics and Asians too. When the liberal media addresses this honestly maybe we can start having real discussions about race relations. As long as white men, especially white cops, are portrayed in a dishonest manner to scare blacks into voting Democrat there will be no racial harmony.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I've been sent into some of the worst neighborhoods in Massachusetts , not just Boston. Where just being the wrong color can get you killed. My only protection was my dirty brown uniform.

UPSER1987

Whites killing blacks, cop or not, are a small percentage of black murders. More than 90% of blacks murdered are by other blacks. Of the remaining murders of blacks whites aren't the only ones killing them. Hispanics and Asians too. When the liberal media addresses this honestly maybe we can start having real discussions about race relations. As long as white men, especially white cops, are portrayed in a dishonest manner to scare blacks into voting Democrat there will be no racial harmony.
But the current issue is white cops killing black people. Just because there is black on black that makes it ok for cops to kill blacks? No it doesn’t- 2 separate issues. There needs to better training for cops and a way to weed out the racists. In Utah, it requires more hours of training to become a barber than it does to be a cop. Any old turd can be a cop and abuse his power.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
But the current issue is white cops killing black people. Just because there is black on black that makes it ok for cops to kill blacks? No it doesn’t- 2 separate issues. There needs to better training for cops and a way to weed out the racists. In Utah, it requires more hours of training to become a barber than it does to be a cop. Any old turd can be a cop and abuse his power.
9 unarmed black were killed by police in 2019.

19 unarmed whites were killed by police in 2019.

Stop pushing liberal lies meant to divide.

Last edited: