RIP George Floyd /I'ld like to remind everyone- this message board is public

Benefits

I am from Minneapolis
The prejudice and ignorance on this board sickens me almost as much as the video of George Floyds murder, with his "brothers" standing by.

If you have not watched that video in full- all 10 minutes I recommend you do so.

Even the comments about the truck driver on 35w. Where you joke, laugh or talk tough.
Behind your keyboard, or in your small town, rural route, neighborhood.

I'ld like to remind you, everyone who speaks here, and those who encourage this, or those who say nothing. You have brothers here, who wear a uniform, who drive clearly marked vehicles here and the many other cities involved.

I speak now as not a member of UPS or a member of the teamsters. I speak as a citizen here. We are in fear, we are grieving. We are sickened by the murder we witnessed by the police, we are sickened by the riots and taking over of our police precinct, the looting and the burning. We want and need peace.

I will stick around to take your abuse, and your jokes. Then I will leave this message board, this is not a group I want to be a member of.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What prejudice? The guy was murdered and the suspect (a cop)was arrested? Don't know why the others weren't charged yet, but that's a question for MN officials.

The looting and rioting is a whole different subject. Many of them could care less about Floyd.

542thruNthru

I am from Minneapolis
The prejudice and ignorance on this board sickens me almost as much as the video of George Floyds murder, with his "brothers" standing by.

If you have not watched that video in full- all 10 minutes I recommend you do so.

Even the comments about the truck driver on 35w. Where you joke, laugh or talk tough.

I'ld like to remind you, everyone who speaks here, and those who encourage this, or those who say nothing. You have brothers here, who wear a uniform, who drive clearly marked vehicles here and the many other cities involved.

I speak now as not a member of UPS or a member of the teamsters. I speak as a citizen here. We are in fear, we are grieving. We are sickened by the murder we witnessed by the police, we are sickened by the riots and taking over of our police precinct, the looting and the burning. We want and need peace.

I will stick around to take your abuse, and your jokes. Then I will leave this message board, this is not a group I want to be a member of.

This is not a UPS discussion. Could a Mod please move this to either life after brown or current events.

Thank you

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I am from Minneapolis

This is an internet forum.
We all have different ideas.
And everyone is entitled to their own.

When you talk about "prejudice and ignorance" here, you are stating that you have facts. That your thoughts are the "Correct" ones.
I would suggest that that is some ignorance and prejudice of your own.

I find the entire incident around George Floyd to be a tragedy that should not have happened. Regardless of who was at fault.
But I'm not going to sign up to a forum just to publicly quit it, since not everyone agrees with me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
...I will stick around to take your abuse, and your jokes. Then I will leave this message board, this is not a group I want to be a member of.
Just to clarify, when exactly are you leaving and will you ever return, or are you gone forever?

rod

Retired 22 years
All I'll say is it would be easier to stop the rioters and protesters than it would be to try to control others on the internet.

542thruNthru

Ok boss of the internet.

Thats King of the internet.
giphy-59.gif

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I am from Minneapolis

“Black Lives Matter is a joke. You are the racists,” said Nestride Yumga, an American citizen originally from Africa.

“Go to Chicago. They don’t have schools, and they die every day. They don’t matter [to you] because you can’t get attention from that,” she told protesters.

She continued:

Group of hypocrites! Go to Southeast D.C., Northeast D.C. Tell them black lives matter! If it matters, it should matter everywhere. You guys are hypocrites, attention seekers. Black lives should matter everywhere. It doesn’t take a white cop to kill a black person [for their life] to matter.

When black people kill black people, they don’t come out and do this crap.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I am from Minneapolis

Carol?