RIP Hostess

TUT

I remember back in the 80's... the deficit this the deficit that... we are doomed, we are going to pay! This was under a republican administration... Guess who got us out... Clinton and the democratic admin. But I'll be perfectly honest, timing makes all the difference. The internet boom swept us out of debt, which admins prior to that didn't have a boon to bear fruit from like that. So what I would say, if the administrations at those times were reversed the same deficit issues would have occurred the same. So I summarize the deficit isn't by large a by product of the party, which many want to politicize because their bungholes. But just a sign of the times and if we have a hot tech that we can foster trillions from you are golden and if times are tough, you're a bit screwed.

Today, even if we got that new thing... I'm not sure it happens in America, we'd probably just give it to China, because face it that isn't a national security issue, economy and the welfare of all Americans isn't important, we vote against ourselves, remember? That right there is internet sarcasm.

vantexan

I remember back in the 80's... the deficit this the deficit that... we are doomed, we are going to pay! This was under a republican administration... Guess who got us out... Clinton and the democratic admin. But I'll be perfectly honest, timing makes all the difference. The internet boom swept us out of debt, which admins prior to that didn't have a boon to bear fruit from like that. So what I would say, if the administrations at those times were reversed the same deficit issues would have occurred the same. So I summarize the deficit isn't by large a by product of the party, which many want to politicize because their bungholes. But just a sign of the times and if we have a hot tech that we can foster trillions from you are golden and if times are tough, you're a bit screwed.

Today, even if we got that new thing... I'm not sure it happens in America, we'd probably just give it to China, because face it that isn't a national security issue, economy and the welfare of all Americans isn't important, we vote against ourselves, remember? That right there is internet sarcasm.

Clinton started in '93 trying some of the stuff Obama pushed through. Remember HilaryCare? This resulted in the Republicans gaining control of both the House of Reps and Senate for the first time in 50 years in '94. This forced Clinton to become Center-Right in order to get reelected. It was the Dot.Com boom that made the mid to late 90's so prosperous, which you pointed out, and don't forget it was Clinton signing Republican sponsored welfare reform, declaring as he did that Big Government was over. Responsible government and deficits will always be an issue, but we've never had Trillion Dollar deficits before, even adjusting for inflation. If we are going to have a better economy we'd better do everything possible for business to thrive, not raises taxes and grow social programs.

DorkHead

We didn't overthrow him for alleged 9/11 involvement. We went in because intelligence sources from multiple nations indicated that he was developing WMD. I'm not sure how anyone managed to twist that into "We went into Iraq because Saddam was involved with 9/11."

Which was proven totally false. So, does anyone think the American people will ever find out the REAL reason or reasons 4000 Americans were sent to Iraq to die?

vantexan

Which was proven totally false. So, does anyone think the American people will ever find out the REAL reason or reasons 4000 Americans were sent to Iraq to die?

The truth most likely is that while there were many cruel dictators around the world we turned a blind eye to, and still do, Hussein controlled a huge amount of oil and was making noise about not accepting Dollars for them as well as making overtures to the Chinese. While he probably had no connection to 9/11 he was giving money to families of suicide bombers in Israel. And while it was eventually proven he didn't have WMD's he certainly alluded to having them, probably in the mistaken notion that it would keep his enemies at bay. It's easy to point fingers after the fact, but look at the comparably minor recent event in Benghazi and you can see that governments tend to claim innocence based on "available" intel.

MAKAVELI

The truth most likely is that while there were many cruel dictators around the world we turned a blind eye to, and still do, Hussein controlled a huge amount of oil and was making noise about not accepting Dollars for them as well as making overtures to the Chinese. While he probably had no connection to 9/11 he was giving money to families of suicide bombers in Israel. And while it was eventually proven he didn't have WMD's he certainly alluded to having them, probably in the mistaken notion that it would keep his enemies at bay. It's easy to point fingers after the fact, but look at the comparably minor recent event in Benghazi and you can see that governments tend to claim innocence based on "available" intel.

I'm sorry but an attack on an American embassy is not the same as invading a country unjustly and creating a war where 4000 Americans died unnecessarily.

DorkHead

I'm sorry but an attack on an American embassy is not the same as invading a country unjustly and creating a war where 4000 Americans died unnecessarily.

Agreed. Nowhere near the same. I`ll try to answer my question. First, I believe only a handful of people know the true reasons why we invaded Iraq. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and maybe a few others. Second, I believe we won`t find out the truth for at least 25 years, maybe. Hopefully, by then, these individuals will have made peace with themselves and their Creator.

vantexan

Didn't say it's the same, only that when called on their actions gov'ts tend to shift the blame on the intel they claimed to have at the time.

Hussein gassed a Kurdish village, killing thousands. He attacked Iran where close to a million Iraqis and Iranians died. He attacked Kuwait. He brutally oppressed his own people. He was threatening to stop selling oil in Dollars, threatening our currency's stability. He was giving, if I remember right, $75k to families of suicide bombers in Israel. His gov't was in violation of 17 U.N. resolutions. Freeing Iraq from his grip was just, and I guarantee most of the military supported being there. And if nothing else it gave us a chance to eliminate Al-Qaeda fighters who came into Iraq to fight us. And it demonstrated to a part of the world that admires strength our resolve. I don't believe those 4000 died in vain.

Last edited:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Agreed. Nowhere near the same. I`ll try to answer my question. First, I believe only a handful of people know the true reasons why we invaded Iraq. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and maybe a few others. Second, I believe we won`t find out the truth for at least 25 years, maybe. Hopefully, by then, these individuals will have made peace with themselves and their Creator.

Yeah,
And, maybe, just maybe, some day we'll all find out what really happened with the planes on 9-11.
Specifically what actually exploded at the pentagon and, how all the bodies "vaporized".

bbsam

Staff member
We didn't overthrow him for alleged 9/11 involvement. We went in because intelligence sources from multiple nations indicated that he was developing WMD. I'm not sure how anyone managed to twist that into "We went into Iraq because Saddam was involved with 9/11."
You gotta admit Dano, it's not that much of a stretch for an administration scaring the crap out of folks with talk of Al-Queda links with Sadam and mushroom clouds. Once the distortion is in the public arena, it all sounds at least "plausible". And don't expect people to do research on the subject. Still alot of folks out there convinced that Obama's a muslim.

TUT

I wonder why American's are so set in how they raise kids? I mean what's the point if the future model is China's? We live in this warm and fuzzy world of sending them to soccer, piano lessons, community work, good grades etc. Because the future is, we'll put them in a factory at 14, they don't need really any skills we'll show them what they will be doing, so no reason for sports or music, only the golden hand picked one's will afford that and we'll make it hell on them perfecting their art, so there is no pick nick there either. But we will find a place for all of them amongst the millions of workers we need... until the robots take over. Then well we don't need kids as all. For real at all. People are a dirty necessity.

Foxconn to replace workers with 1 million robots in 3 years

So why do we even delusion ourselves? For us to compete we have to slash our wages, have no say in our own paths and do what we are told. Everything the country fought for. Why? Because someone needs to be ultra ultra rich. China is all about what old people like to tell us, hard work! Who gives us a **** about quality of life, there is just good lessons to be learned from unending hard work, like "I wish I was never born". Hard work is bettered by smart work, but it all has to be within the confines of freedom. Otherwise it becomes the S word and has no proper purpose.

CJinx

That robot is awesome. Handlers these days suck anyway, at least the robot practices hand(pincer) to surface. :)