RIP Wanda

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had a driver pass away on her route Wednesday and the funeral was today. She worked out of the Atlanta Hub for almost thirty years. I don't know what caused it. We grew up in the same town and went to the same high school but we were years apart. I did not know her personally since I work out of a different building. Nothing was said in our PCMs the last few days. I saw some photos of what looked like hundreds of UPSers wearing Browns today at her funeral.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
8F5CBC05-7348-48CC-BAA0-C13675AA456C.jpeg
045EF2B2-A1A0-4EB8-8352-57A8796A7DEF.jpeg

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We had a driver pass away on her route Wednesday and the funeral was today. She worked out of the Atlanta Hub for almost thirty years. I don't know what caused it. We grew up in the same town and went to the same high school but we were years apart. I did not know her personally since I work out of a different building. Nothing was said in our PCMs the last few days. I saw some photos of what looked like hundreds of UPSers wearing Browns today at her funeral.

Death is always saddening. We have a few guys here that I fear will also pass on route. I know we can't pick or choose when and where we pass, but to pass on route while busting your ass for this place just does not seem fair. She must have been special in and out of work judging from the turnout at her funeral. RIP

badpal

So sad to hear, But as you can see there are some retirees in the crowd. Good idea to a keep a set or two of browns when you retire for situations like this.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
RIP my union sister.

A sudden event like that is usually a major blood supply failure. Never ignore strange leg or chest pains. Even with that, very often the first sign of a heart attack is sudden death.

ManInBrown

RIP

I always thought it was very scummy how mgmt kept thing like this hush hush. Show a little respect with an announcement. We had two employees pass away in my old building and not a word was said. No acknowledgement. One was a loader, the other a driver

KOG72

I’m full of it
RIP

I always thought it was very scummy how mgmt kept thing like this hush hush. Show a little respect with an announcement. We had two employees pass away in my old building and not a word was said. No acknowledgement. One was a loader, the other a driver
Another thing they use to do at our building was lowering the flag they don’t even do that anymore.RIP Wanda.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
RIP

I only heard about this due to a UPS Teamsters Facebook page when her close friend posted it. Nothing was said about it in our PCMs and I could find nothing about it on local news outlets. We were in the 90's temperature wise with high humidity the week before this happened but the temps dropped to the low 80's at the time she passed. We did have a Preloader in my building that was murdered at home by her husband in a domestic violence case a few weeks back that we were told about. A co-worker was allowed to address it in one of our PCMS and donations were taken. RIP Amber Chalfant

JackStraw

30 years at this place is quite an an accomplishment. An even bigger one for a woman to do it. Must have been quite a person. RIP sister. Sorry you didn't get to retire after all your hard work.