Road Test Attire

trickpony1

The question is why can't/shouldn't we do it.

.....how about....."someone WAY smarter than upstate says we shouldn't.".

......or.......better yet....."someone(FMSCA) who has investigated WAY more accidents than upstate has concluded that shifting while on RR tracks has led to more accidents than not shifting.".

Crazy, I know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because you already have the vehicle moving; you want to keep it moving, and clear the tracks.

An improper shift could leave you blocking the tracks.

Thank you.

.....how about....."someone WAY smarter than upstate says we shouldn't.".

......or.......better yet....."someone(FMSCA) who has investigated WAY more accidents than upstate has concluded that shifting while on RR tracks has led to more accidents than not shifting.".

Crazy, I know.

D*

trickpony1

Not D*.
C'mon Dave, You're smarter than this.

Think of your drivetrain as a parachute.
If anything is going to tear/break/rip/snap on a parachute it will occur during deployment/line stretch. This is when the canopy/equipment is subject to the most stress/torque/adverse forces. Once the canopy is open and flying straight, there is no torque/stress on it.

Your drivetrain is, essentially, the same.

Ponder this comparison for a while.

Signed,
Not D*

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Don't listen to any of these people.

Fire suit and gloves, driving shoes, a full face helmet with a HANS device.

Show them how much you want to drive.
d870c3a184cc3100b6f6960138bd094b.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey everyone

I've got my road test on Monday and aside from not showing up in flip-flops and a three piece Versace suit, are there any recommendations you have about what to/ what to not wear?

The reason I ask is that during our interview session, the dress code ran the gambit from full suits to "pants on the ground." I'm guessing that utilitarian is the way to go.

Thanks.
Versace is so yesterday. Caraceni is the way to go!