Rollaway

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'll ask again: Can a pkg driver-tcd or otherwise be "dq'd" ? Because of an accident? So, you are arbitrarily "unqualified" erasing all your training and such?

We had a FT driver who had 3 Tier 3's in one year. She normally would have been fired but she had 25 years with the company so the union and company worked together to create a 22.3 just for her. No one else could bid on it and it will be abolished upon her retirement.

quad decade guy

We had a FT driver who had 3 Tier 3's in one year. She normally would have been fired but she had 25 years with the company so the union and company worked together to create a 22.3 just for her. No one else could bid on it and it will be abolished upon her retirement.

We had a similar case but not for accidents. A very senior pkg driver became some sort of inside employee. I asked him about it and he was very vague and general about what he was doing and why and how all that came about as I would love to have an early am job doing not much....inside.

Johney

We had a similar case but not for accidents. A very senior pkg driver became some sort of inside employee. I asked him about it and he was very vague and general about what he was doing and why and how all that came about as I would love to have an early am job doing not much....inside.
We have had a few of these jobs created for drivers who were unable to get their DOT medical card due to Diabetes. They also were not rebid when a couple of them retired.