Rollaway

Johney

Forget to put it in park. Or put it in R by mistake. Or have a screwed up gearshift that pops itself out of P and into R throughout the day, like I had yesterday.
What????? And you didn't stop and call for a new truck after say maybe the second time it happened?

O

Oldrow2018

Forget to put it in park. Or put it in R by mistake. Or have a screwed up gearshift that pops itself out of P and into R throughout the day, like I had yesterday.
Exactly. I put it in park, pulled the emergency brake (not sure if it was all the way pulled) and got out. When I come back to the rental it was gone. When I went to retrieve it, it was in park. According to the sups a test was done and everything checked out fine thus placing the blame on driver error

Last edited by a moderator:

quad decade guy

Exactly. I put it in park, pulled the emergency brake (not sure if it was all the way pulled) and got out. When I come back to the rental it was gone. When I went to retrieve it, it was in park. According to the sups a test was done and everything checked out fine thus placing the blame on driver error

Ok. So, are you a full time pkg driver? With seniority? This DQ thing? Question anyone: can you be DQ'd from driving as a full time pkg driver? And what would that mean? Such as you still have a job but can't drive..?

SLW

What????? And you didn't stop and call for a new truck after say maybe the second time it happened?
The parking brake still worked fine, and it also didn't seem to want to roll even when I took it off, so I think it may have been limited to the gearshift and not really affected the actual transmission. Stayed cautious and wrote it up. You're right, though, that's what I should've done.

542thruNthru

You left out the part where you left the truck running.

8rogan

One time I parked on a hill, while I was grabbing a package from the back I heard a loud pop and grinding noise and the truck started rolling downhill, luckily I was in it to stop it. Tranny was shot and the mechanic took it from there, but would that of been considered unavoidable since the ebrake wasn’t all the way tightened?

quad decade guy

I'll ask again: Can a pkg driver-tcd or otherwise be "dq'd" ? Because of an accident? So, you are arbitrarily "unqualified" erasing all your training and such?