Rough morning for the competition.

Schweddy

Balls
OldAF thinks he's the Judge of all people and above all.

What's your wife think about your comments towards opneeds? You tell her you're on the beat?

Oldfart

OldAF thinks he's the Judge of all people and above all.

What's your wife think about your comments towards opneeds? You tell her you're on the beat?
Like I said. Say what you want about me but anyone that makes sarcastic comments and decides to vent their hatred toward the company when someone dies doing their job is a sad excuse for a human being.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I don't think he hates the company, just their handling of accidents such as this... the company assume all accidents were the drivers' fault until proven innocent.

That is what I derived from others postings & I'm a typical dumb truck driver

he or anyone else is not disrespectful to the unfortunate driver. RIP.

It will be fine

I don't think he hates the company, just their handling of accidents such as this... the company assume all accidents were the drivers' fault until proven innocent.

That is what I derived from others postings & I'm a typical dumb truck driver

he or anyone else is not disrespectful to the unfortunate driver. RIP.
The fact is the majority of accidents are preventable even if the driver is not at fault. A fatality is absolutely the time to discuss what actions could have been taken to prevent the accident. They are studied much more closely than any other accident and any lessons learned should be passed on to other drivers.

bacha29

The fact is the majority of accidents are preventable even if the driver is not at fault. A fatality is absolutely the time to discuss what actions could have been taken to prevent the accident. They are studied much more closely than any other accident and any lessons learned should be passed on to other drivers.
It is a matter that should be between the contractor and the police, DOT and FHSA but no X is the judge, jury and executioner. Why? It's because you're hauling under their number and because you're hauling under their authority you the contractor have absolutely nothing aside from being the proud owner of the fastest depreciating piece of equipment known to the US economy.

dezguy

So nice to see a thread which should be about a fellow employee unnecessarily losing their life degrade into what we have here. Well done...

My sincere condolences to the families affected by this tragedy. Stay safe out there, everyone.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

I do wanna learn from others mistakes... what the articles are lacking in specifics to help us all out.

Was she inside her protective cab? Or was she outside, trying to find the cause of the breakdown.

Oh PS, I still see ground and a few HD drivers going out on the road with BOTH side doors open & no seatbelt!!!

Sickening that since they drive a heavy stepvan over 14k+ lbs, they'll be fine... until a civvie vehicle t-bones u and u get ejected from the said stepvan.

Edit: fireball... yikes

Good Samaritan saves driver on fire in fatal multi-semi crash on I-80 in Joliet

RiP, Sami :(

Last edited:

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
People will never learn how to drive around trucks - and somehow it's always the truck driver that's "the bad guy". I, for one, say that self-driving vehicles for the mainstream can't get here soon enough.

bacha29

Not bringing this up to rag on FedEx but we had a preloaders mother hit just a few weeks ago also in San Diego.

Woman with walker killed by Fed Ex truck
While the driver wasn't cited and in the end may be exonerated you be assured that X will demand that the guy be terminated and the contractor's chances of getting a contract renewal drastically reduced Despite the fact that X absolved it self of all potential economic loss they still hold the fate of the contractor and driver in their hands.