Route selection

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

No, the problem is the company interpreted it to their benefit and the union doesn’t fight back.

The language was written pre T-Sat ground implementation, so it needs to be more specific. That language is Monday -Friday route language. Language can't be unclear on many of these issues or they will do exactly what you're saying!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The problem is, for T-S drivers, you can't meet the qualifications, assuming you don't have four years in, because the route you covered for four days isn't in on Sat.

The language was written pre T-Sat ground implementation, so it needs to be more specific. That language is Monday -Friday route language. Language can't be unclear on many of these issues or they will do exactly what you're saying!

Read my post #120 in this thread. You have to start somewhere.

-Bug-

a911scanner

Our center has at least 5 9.5 T-S drivers. 1 is under 1 year driving.

I was the highest seniority Saturday driver and the first to go 9.5. I set the example although I am back to M-friend.

Although separate regions can be different, the contract is there for your benefit. Read it, know it, follow it. Go up the Union chain of command until you get someone who supports you or explains why you are incorrect. UPS management generally will not support your rights in the contract, as it is not to their benefit to do so. Listen to your Union brothers & Union Representatives interpretations of the contract, not UPS managers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The problem is, for T-S drivers, you can't meet the qualifications, assuming you don't have four years in, because the route you covered for four days isn't in on Sat.
Again, if you are a FT driver with a T-S route, and the company cuts your route on Saturday, you don't need four years of FT driving to get on 9.5.

(2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer;

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Again, if you are a FT driver with a T-S route, and the company cuts your route on Saturday, you don't need four years of FT driving to get on 9.5.

(2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer;

I understand the language! But sometimes the company interprets "prevented from completing THAT BID" as tues -friday routes, not as what is created on Sat. For them sat routes have no continuity with M-friend routes.

I know that wasn't its intention but everybody knows that language can be twisted to say whatever you want it to say which is why this language can be made clearer in light of the Sat ground implementation. And as a side note, where I'm at cover drivers aren't assigned a route for a whole week, unless they cover vacations, by definition that isn't what a cover driver is.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

All our routes are M-Friday. We don't have T-Sat routes. The distinction is work week not routes.