Route selection

Rack em

Made the Podium
Good to hear it. I'm also happy to hear that your BA is on your side. The contract is in your favor but having a weak BA that wouldn't stand up for you would make it difficult.
I agree, I used to be on the fence about him because we never saw him and our union meetings have been very spread out. But I learned he is the BA for :censored2: ton of members and covers a huge area, plus his office is 3 hours away from us. But every time I text him with a question he is always quick to respond and is usually very helpful. He is in my opinion, a good BA.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
What rider are you under? Here they have tried the "area knowledge" card and have always lost. Im in the western region also.

File for not following seniority and keep filing. They always say you can't file and it's a lie.
We all have had to learn the hard way. After the first day in the blind the driver will have plenty of "area knowledge"

35years

Gravy route
I agree, I used to be on the fence about him because we never saw him and our union meetings have been very spread out. But I learned he is the BA for :censored2: ton of members and covers a huge area, plus his office is 3 hours away from us. But every time I text him with a question he is always quick to respond and is usually very helpful. He is in my opinion, a good BA.
Now work with him to get on the 9.5 list
Once you are on it, you will want those rural routes.
Think about only moving 100 pks a day and punching out in 8.5 hrs.

The center should have a standardized way to request route coverage. Bid sheets for vacations etc hung by Friday works the best. If the dispatch sup sees that drivers are using their seniority on a daily basis to bump and re-bump, bid sheets will make his job easier. But they will continue the stupid assign by area knowledge crap if you let them. It changed in my center years ago because drivers started using their seniority.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Not at our center. I love watching the dominos fall in the morning. Nothing better than to watch a driver get bumped off a route after they have been working off the clock for an hour on the car, Priceless
They deserve to get bumped for being so stupid haha.

Now work with him to get on the 9.5 list
Once you are on it, you will want those rural routes.
Think about only moving 100 pks a day and punching out in 8.5 hrs.

The center should have a standardized way to request route coverage. Bid sheets for vacations etc hung by Friday works the best. If the dispatch sup sees that drivers are using their seniority on a daily basis to bump and re-bump, bid sheets will make his job easier. But they will continue the stupid assign by area knowledge crap if you let them. It changed in my center years ago because drivers started using their seniority.
I am under 4 years of FT driving so It's damn near impossible for me to get on the list, but once I can I will be on it!

Rural routes and the 9/5 list are the way to go.
One day I will be there. One thing that does piss me off about my center is I always hear drivers complaining about their dispatches every day but no one has the balls to get on the list except for 2 drivers. It's sad really. We could add AT LEAST 3-4 more full time routes of some of these drivers grew some balls and got on the list.

They deserve to get bumped for being so stupid haha.

I am under 4 years of FT driving so It's damn near impossible for me to get on the list, but once I can I will be on it!

One day I will be there. One thing that does piss me off about my center is I always hear drivers complaining about their dispatches every day but no one has the balls to get on the list except for 2 drivers. It's sad really. We could add AT LEAST 3-4 more full time routes of some of these drivers grew some balls and got on the list.
All of the under 4 year cover drivers are on the 9.5 list in my last center. I think there are 5 or 6 of them.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!

Attachments

• 20180331_022623.png
    20180331_022623.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 114

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Central Region Language:

Article 3, Section 18
Each local may elect to follow this procedure for cover driver work assignment or continue the practice that presently exists in their local union area.
Bid coverage drivers shall be used to fill absenteeism, vacations, employees’ time off on disability or worker’s compensation, over- flow work and volume fluctuations.
The Employer shall determine how many coverage jobs are needed in each package center in a building. These coverage jobs and any non-bid areas that run on a regular basis will be offered to the non- bid guaranteed employees in seniority order, as described in Article 12, Section 1, of this Supplemental Agreement, within that center. This area will then become their permanent area or job. Any area or coverage job, as described above that has not been selected shall be assigned.
Coverage work that will be in existence for a full week shall be selected each Friday by the coverage drivers in seniority order in that center. In the event an employee elects work that will be in existence for more than one (1) week, they shall be required to perform that work for the duration of its existence.
When coverage work is not available on a weekly basis, cover drivers will work as directed.
Is that from the central supplement?

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Central Region Language:

Article 3, Section 18
Each local may elect to follow this procedure for cover driver work assignment or continue the practice that presently exists in their local union area.
Bid coverage drivers shall be used to fill absenteeism, vacations, employees’ time off on disability or worker’s compensation, over- flow work and volume fluctuations.
The Employer shall determine how many coverage jobs are needed in each package center in a building. These coverage jobs and any non-bid areas that run on a regular basis will be offered to the non- bid guaranteed employees in seniority order, as described in Article 12, Section 1, of this Supplemental Agreement, within that center. This area will then become their permanent area or job. Any area or coverage job, as described above that has not been selected shall be assigned.
Coverage work that will be in existence for a full week shall be selected each Friday by the coverage drivers in seniority order in that center. In the event an employee elects work that will be in existence for more than one (1) week, they shall be required to perform that work for the duration of its existence.
When coverage work is not available on a weekly basis, cover drivers will work as directed.
Article 1 section 8 of local 688 addendum

(g) Employees do not have the right to select any unit, load, sort, route, run, etc., except as provided in this Article

But i dont see Article 3 Section 18 in the central supplement?

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Can T-S drivers get on the 9.5 list? I’ll cover the same route for 4 days during the week, but Saturdays make it impossible to get that fifth day since the routes are completely different.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Found it. Nobody in our building does this. We have a oferflow type route that is put in 3 to 4 days a week that i enjoy running. How would you word a paper to let them know unless somebody senior decides to bump me this is the route i expect to be on.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Can T-S drivers get on the 9.5 list?

Sure, why not ?

I’ll cover the same route for 4 days during the week, but Saturdays make it impossible to get that fifth day since the routes are completely different.

The best thing to do, is start the ball rolling.

Grab your Steward and go to management and request your overtime be reduced

per Article 37. Decline to discuss the details. Start documenting your hours,

routes you run, and on Saturday. It won't be an overnight fix.

What you need, is to establish a pattern.... after you informed them.

-Bug-