Routes going out next Sunday?

watdaflock?

My truck has flames,comming from the leaking engine.
Shocked our center has not had a PC go up in flames from how many leak transmission fluid.
Our PC's leave a trail of tranny fluid when they pull out in the AM.

I wonder if our center manager realizes once tranny fluid gets lit it's over with. Add some cardboard as fuel to the fire.....

Oak

The following words are placed here only because I've been around long enough to see how this joint operates:

A Driver Service Provider has worked his arse off and on Friday he has worked 52 plus hours. He doesn't have eight hours left to work on Saturday. He clocks out before 22:00 on Friday.

His 34 hour reset begins. He is off work 1:00 to 5:00am on Saturday and Sunday, satisfying the two consecutive 1:00 to 5:00am off duty requirements.

Along comes 8:00 on a Sunday morning and his 34 hour reset is complete. He is scheduled to work on this day. This is his FIRST report for the week, as Saturday is the last day of the week. Check your pay stub. Week ending date is on Saturday.

I have looked in my supplement (Southern) and cannot find where Sunday cannot be a straight-time work day?

Someone please show me where I'm overlooking something.

O

OLDMAN3

Oak,
I think you are correct.
Similar in the Central.
But you have wording for the 6th punch (Friday Dec 26th) being paid at a premium rate (1+1/2 times regular rate). Article 58 section 1

Oak

Oak,
I think you are correct.
Similar in the Central.
But you have wording for the 6th punch (Friday Dec 26th) being paid at a premium rate (1+1/2 times regular rate). Article 58 section 1
Is a Holiday actually a punch?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only way I would work Sunday is if they would give me the 26th off. Hello long weekend.

I have already put in the for the 26th, 1/2 and 1/16 as days off. I signed the list for 12/21 based on getting 12/26 off. The 26th will be just delivering send agains and whatever is in the system and making pickups on combined routes.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
With the easy peak and lack of overtime, I would do Sunday delivery at overtime rate.
But my building has been prepared with extra routes and drivers so I would doubt we would work Sunday.

porkwagon

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it" (Exodus:20:8-11). I won't be in...

AMEN Brother Johnnyfootball!

S

selfcancelsignal

With the easy peak and lack of overtime, I would do Sunday delivery at overtime rate.
But my building has been prepared with extra routes and drivers so I would doubt we would work Sunday.
Seems to be the same where I'm at.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Why use a fictional book as an excuse not to work?
image.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Called the union hall this morning to ask what the pay rate would be for working on Sunday. BA called back this afternoon and said it would be time and a half for the first 8 and triple time for anything over 8.