Routes going out next Sunday?

iruhnman630

If I'm ever forced in on the weekend it will not be code 5. I'll get my 8 hours and i'll be very safe.
The first time they scheduled us low seniority guys for a Tues-Sat week (its happened to us 4 times...flowers and gifts for 3 mothers days and a valentines day....I got ripped apart on here when I posted a thread about losing our Saturdays) I tried to get everybody to demand their 8 and make it too costly to justify doing it again. Didnt happen.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
This working on Sunday is getting out of hand.

Ordered a camera for my daughter on Friday out of New York. Just received a phone call from a UPS clerk in New York verifying the shipping address.
While on the phone with UPS the doorbell rings and it's the USPS delivering a package and wanting my autograph.

How the hell am I supposed to get my handicapping done and phone call to the bookie on time?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Ordered a camera for my daughter on Friday out of New York. Just received a phone call from a UPS clerk in New York verifying the shipping address.
While on the phone with UPS the doorbell rings and it's the USPS delivering a package and wanting my autograph.

How the hell am I supposed to get my handicapping done and phone call to the bookie on time?
Multitask it son lmfao

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Your Vikqueens let me down.

OPTION3

Called the union hall this morning to ask what the pay rate would be for working on Sunday. BA called back this afternoon and said it would be time and a half for the first 8 and triple time for anything over 8.
When you called the HALL....did you let them know that you subvert the contract every chance you get? And that they promote Mediocrity?

Foamer Pyle

We were told at PCM today that Sunday was a business day for us this year. There was a little threat in there for anyone who was thinking of calling in sick, or not showing up. They really don't care about employees or their families anymore.

Foamer Pyle

Thank you. The pay rates that I posted were based on what Bill thought we would be paid for working the day. I called the hall on Saturday morning and Brian called me back that afternoon. It is time and a half for the first 8 and triple time for anything beyond that.

How was the meeting?
Don't known how you think ups will pay time and half for Sunday, since Sunday is the first day of the week. We were told that the pay is straight time, just like starting off on Monday, go over 8, then you get time and half. I am willing to bet, you will not get time and a half for Sunday. However, if you work Friday, that day will be time and a half all day long, as that would be considered the sixth punch in.

OPTION3

We were told at PCM today that Sunday was a business day for us this year. There was a little threat in there for anyone who was thinking of calling in sick, or not showing up. They really don't care about employees or their families anymore.
You mean they cared in the past?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
There was a signup sheet for "Available overtime" today when we got back to the building for this coming Sunday.
It was not mentioned in our PCM in the AM.
By reading the last couple pages here, can't see how well thought out it can be without bringing in the whole crew and not half-:censored2: it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Don't known how you think ups will pay time and half for Sunday, since Sunday is the first day of the week. We were told that the pay is straight time, just like starting off on Monday, go over 8, then you get time and half. I am willing to bet, you will not get time and a half for Sunday. However, if you work Friday, that day will be time and a half all day long, as that would be considered the sixth punch in.

Depends, on your supplemental language.

Some supplements, don't allow for a change in the workweek....

Without an entire "re-bid" of start times and schedule.

That's not going to happen, in a few days.

The company can "ask" for volunteers.

-Bug-

Depends, on your supplemental language.

Some supplements, don't allow for a change in the workweek....

Without an entire "re-bid" of start times and schedule.

That's not going to happen, in a few days.

The company can "ask" for volunteers.

-Bug-
Good question. Feeders get double time ,for Sundays. So should package?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
There was a signup sheet for "Available overtime" today when we got back to the building for this coming Sunday.
It was not mentioned in our PCM in the AM.
By reading the last couple pages here, can't see how well thought out it can be without bringing in the whole crew and not half-:censored2: it.
I saw the same sign-up sheets tonight. I saw Ken heading out to the parking lot. He said all the centers in the local will be running full blown ground delivery (so as usual I'm sure they'll force people in after the volunteers).

So here is what is going to REALLY suck for centers working Sunday. Last year I volunteered to work the Sunday before Christmas for the extra cash.

1) Loading my own truck wasn't bad.
2) Working without any EDD, manifest or clipboard was annoying but doable.
3) Having to type in the address for every single stop after scanning a package sucked.
4) Having all the mothertrucking work that was delivered on Sunday in your EDD the next day and wasting time searching for the packages that were already delivered is absolutely horrible.