Routes going out next Sunday?

10 point

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it" (Exodus:20:8-11). I won't be in...
You Jewish??

Matthew chapter 12 trumps that.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Good point.

We usually only run one air driver on Saturdays, two if it is busy.

We have been running 43 routes and plan on running 40 on Sunday.
Interesting, we run about 15-18 in the Roswell center alone, not including Marietta (same building). They were scrambling to find drivers to work as everyone at this point is working M-friend so Sat is gravy time. If you were the lowest guy in the center you'd have a spot at this point.

UPSGUY72

They put a list up this morning in my center for driver wanting to work Sunday. It appears they forgot they had to give a weeks notice to force people to work on Sunday and now are looking for volunteers. Only at UPS...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The question is why? If we are working I haven't heard about it yet.

We are projected to have 8,300 stops on Monday, which would overwhelm us. The plan is to run 3,300 of them on Sunday and the balance on Monday. We have been asked to poll our commercial stops to see who will be open AND willing to accept deliveries. So far Gamestop and MBE have both said yes.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We are projected to have 8,300 stops on Monday, which would overwhelm us. The plan is to run 3,300 of them on Sunday and the balance on Monday. We have been asked to poll our commercial stops to see who will be open AND willing to accept deliveries. So far Gamestop and MBE have both said yes.
How do you sort out the 3300 and 5000. Sounds like you will be going to many stops twice.

By The Book

I also think if you work a Saturday and the part timers deliver the Saturday air, they would be entitled to that work if they were on the schedule as of last Friday. Which works out well so you don't have to break for those commits.

We were notified they were starting from the bottom of the seniority list and working they way up for Sunday. Then we received a diad message today stating that all Sunday work has been cancelled.