Rumor some big accounts going to fed ex.

slantnosechevy

I doubt that it has. UPS Logistics works with so many retailers that becoming a competitor would cost them lots and lots of business. UPS has several businesses that consult other businesses so that they run better. I doubt that UPS would ever want to be perceived as a potential competitor.

Have to agree with barnyard. It's no different than the simple omission of package car maker name plates on the outside of the cars. UPS has always believed in staying as neutral as it can. For years the old cars had a nose that no one else had. No one from the outside ever really knew what engine and drivetrain you had under that hood. Even with the newer generic front ends they still aren't sure.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
A women who ordered from Amazon always got it second day from UPS. After the first of the year she was informed the her orders would now be sent FEDEX. Instead of 2 day service it was now 3-5 day service. She orders a lot and she promptly called in complaint to Amazon. I am sure she was not the only one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A women who ordered from Amazon always got it second day from UPS. After the first of the year she was informed the her orders would now be sent FEDEX. Instead of here 2 day service it was now 3-5 day service. She called in complaint to Amazon. I am sure she was not the only one.

I just placed an Amazon order and was given several shipping options---3-5 business days, 2 and 1 day service. Sounds like she is getting the service that she paid for.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

A women who ordered from Amazon always got it second day from UPS. After the first of the year she was informed the her orders would now be sent FEDEX. Instead of 2 day service it was now 3-5 day service. She orders a lot and she promptly called in complaint to Amazon. I am sure she was not the only one.

As was mentioned further up thread, consumers can complain all they want verbally, it's when a significant number stop using Amazon (is that even possible anymore, in large numbers) and go to retailers who use a better delivery service that a real change could be effected. People will adapt to 3-5 day service.

STFXG

FedEx amazon option is mainly smartpost. Which is 3-5 days. Prime always comes ups or regional carrier. You guys rocked it here. Ordered a few things prime and they showed up Xmas eve. Felt bad for the poor brownies I past on the freeway at 8pm.

I think the slow stuff will be switching over more to smartpost. Seems that's the way things are going nowadays. It's the cheapest option and its where the most growth has been for fedex. I doubt we will get your 2day volume. But who knows...

Requested a discover card on friday. It came by fedex on saturday. When I activated this new IT card the person I talked with said all It cards will now be shipped using fedex. Don't you think the small sort would love to have all that volume? Business development, stop sitting on your hands.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Requested a discover card on friday. It came by fedex on saturday. When I activated this new IT card the person I talked with said all It cards will now be shipped using fedex. Don't you think the small sort would love to have all that volume? Business development, stop sitting on your hands.

Didn't Discover always ship replacement cards though FedEx? The good news is that we continue to deliver their overnight collection notices.

anonymous4

As an amazon prime holder nearly all of my shipping comes via UPS 2nd day. This is how it was pre 2013 and the 10 or so things post new year have all come UPS. What does that mean.. nothing.

Overpaid Union Thug

I saw the usual amount of Amazon today as any other time. Most of it came from Kentucky which means it was ordered after the date that was mentioned as being the start of the FedEx switch. Maybe it was just another bogus rumor.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
This is why I think that UPS is going to have to somehow build a better mousetrap in the future.

It's not just UPS vs. FedEx; Amazon uses pretty much everybody. There's a local courier start-up in my area that exclusively serves Amazon, receiving at least one trailer through LTL service daily. If you live in my area, order a small package from Amazon & choose "super saver shipping," this will likely be your delivery method. The business is thriving and they're attempting to expand it, including the addition of delivery vehicles (currently they use personal vehicles) to handle larger packages. Most of this volume was pilfered from Sure/SmartPost.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Any update to Amazon decreasing UPS in favor of FedEx?

For well over a year, we received a 53' trailer (2-3 during peak) from one hub that consisted mainly of Amazon. The last two weeks, it's been downsized to a pup -- with few Amazon packages. Meanwhile, the FedEx guys are talking about an increase in Amazon.. so I assume the rumor's true, but just trying to confirm.