"Running Over"

Jim Kemp

We have not had a sup. say a word about running over in about five years, even when some of the better drivers would as much as four hours over. Then all of a sudden this week they went nuggin futs about it. Are we going back to the 70's and 80's when that was the only thing mattered. Has this happened at any other centers?

wornoutupser

It happened at ours yesterday. center manager had a PCM that all 2 hour + over drivers will be ridden by the division manager. The basic premise seemed to be that all hourlies are liars, cheats and theives.
It seems to be the good ole days all over again!

over9five

Staff member
Sounds like someone further up the food chain finally noticed, and threatened to off some management team heads.

Griff

It happened at ours yesterday. center manager had a PCM that all 2 hour + over drivers will be ridden by the division manager. The basic premise seemed to be that all hourlies are liars, cheats and theives.

As if that will ever happen, what a joke. I tell them make sure to pack breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guess what, they never ride with me.

25yrvet

So that's what the DM does to justify his job, besides chewing all the center manager's butts every morning. Just think, if there were enough 2+ over drivers your ctr could become good buddies with the DM.

:laughing:

Seems like the company has a big production push every year after peak.

Tony31yrs

This usually goes on until the paid over is gone, but then the accidents and injuries go up. Then they get on that kick.

satellitedriver

Please tell me this is true.
I would love to be able to have a ten hour conversation bouncing down back country roads with a DM.
It ain't going to happen.
They can just track me by GPS and try and figure it out.
PAX

currahee

Its probably just the flavor of the week. Next week its will "Take Charge".The week after that its your sporh stinks.
Whatever they want to ride you let them.

paidslave

Its probably just the flavor of the week. Next week its will "Take Charge".The week after that its your sporh stinks.
Whatever they want to ride you let them.

Anybody getting pulled in the office for missed scans?

How many times can they harrass one regarding missed scans that arene't my fault...Truck is audited at 3am and I don't start until 8:30?

I cannot control the fact there is someone else in that car for 5 hours before I get to work...

Any suggestions?

currahee

In my building you can send a message saying pkg for such and such address not found and the next day they tell you missed a scan.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The "flavor of the week" in our center is the +/- 15 min on pickups. Paid over is not that big of a deal as I don't think we have any driver over 2 hours paid over on a regular basis. Missed scans are always an issue. Currahee said it best--you can send a message regarding a missing pkg and still end up on the "list" the next morning. They do check in audits at night but until they start going through the smalls bags these audits are a waste of time.

currahee

Good call Upstate! I forgot about that 15 min pu window . I dont know i get a text message everyday about it.
Does anybody else have any other ones?

paidslave

In my building you can send a message saying pkg for such and such address not found and the next day they tell you missed a scan.

Thank you! I am having the same problem...I make sure I scan everything. I call in all missed packages that I am SUPPOSED TO HAVE. I have been verbally warned and not sure what to do about it yet......

I will be contacting my BA very soon. There needs to be langauge in the contract regarding this from harrassment!

I suggest that All Drivers should be allowed to get records if they are being harrassed...We have drivers that miss scans regularly and they aren't pulled into the office. There are different drivers everyday constantly missing scans....

If a center manager continuously pulls in only a handfull of drivers into the office..Always the same ones, isn't this unfair regarding the Corporate Company Policy? I know UPS doesn't have to follow there policy, so they think, but isn't it wise to have language regarding this matter for some protection?

I suggest that if a Manager pulls a driver in every other week regarding a missed scan and not pulling other drivers in the office is not fair and is very discriminatory! The way it looks is that if you miss 4 scans in 9 months u could be forced to hit the bricks!

tups

Yup, we're gettin the beatdown currently for missed scans. The sup keeps telling us that we are responsible for all packages on our cars. Make sure we scan every one. And then he throws in If you miss one you will be disciplined. So we try getting him to explain how and why we should be disciplined if we miss one that wasn't on our car to begin with. Of course he doesn't have a good answer. He cannot have one. He just says if it is not on your car you are still responsible. So yesterday morning at the pcm, he brings it up again, and 5 drivers that he named all said at the same time "Walk me out!" "Send me home" He kind of just stood there looking like a deer caught in headlights, we just turned away and went to work. It is really dumb. I mean if a scan is missed and the piece was on the car,(they are auditing the cars in the morning) then that driver gets discipline. But otherwise there isn't much they can do. However the language this sup is using lately is beginning to sound more and more like threats, and we're starting to get pissed.

paidslave

Yup, we're gettin the beatdown currently for missed scans. However the language this sup is using lately is beginning to sound more and more like threats, and we're starting to get pissed.

Same deal here...I see danger with this issue. I realize there is a problem with missed scans but this is starting to get rediculous. Half of the missed scans will go unnoticed. I think managment is freaking out and not to sure what to do about it? I just hope that someone doesn't lose there job over it!

This is why I suggest that we are all should have access to all the drivers missing scans ie reports of all missed scans. We should be allowed a freedom of information act. Not sure what that means yet but we should have access to information regarding all drivers missing scans so discipline can be minimized until there is a solution to this frightening problem!

Thanks for reading this and I am looking forward to solutions!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In our center they post 2 listings of all missed scans in the bldg. The first listing is the 1Z and the address and the second listing breaks that down by driver. The majority of our missed scans are feeder drivers at bulk stops.

paidslave

In our center they post 2 listings of all missed scans in the bldg. The first listing is the 1Z and the address and the second listing breaks that down by driver. The majority of our missed scans are feeder drivers at bulk stops.

Thanks UPSTATE..I will recommend this missed packages report be posted in our building when I talk to the BA so everyone can see....This way one cannot be singled out by this! We should be able to get copies just in case there is discipline.

Like I said, I am not one that is trying purposely to miss scans. Actually I am doing all that I can to not miss a single one....I am starting to believe that it is not the missed scans but but a muse for the overallowed that they don't like and I am punished for something else... I will get to the bottom of this!

Please anybody having a similar problem? Need to hear more.........