Rural Deferment

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Not sure why. his life
Is about to get a lot easier just play the game
Farmer Joe that lives in BFEs the only thing that direction defer get it the next day
Fridays not getting off paved roads
I loved it
Not sure why. his life
Is about to get a lot easier just play the game
Farmer Joe that lives in BFEs the only thing that direction defer get it the next day
Fridays not getting off paved roads
I loved it
I have customers that get NDA medications. I have customers that run businesses out of their homes. I have customers that pay for pickups that won’t get picked up. Yeah, I can play the game and all, but this company is shooting itself in the foot with this nonsense.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have customers that get NDA medications. I have customers that run businesses out of their homes. I have customers that pay for pickups that won’t get picked up. Yeah, I can play the game and all, but this company is shooting itself in the foot with this nonsense.

Yeah I had that attitude for along time
They drove the don’t care out of me and my life got immediately easier stress level went down and that’s how I did the last 10 years

textat3

Relax…you care too much. Work as instructed.

it's a * program, the potential density gains don't outweigh the horrible, horrible optics it creates

might as well just pull a day of TNT from the most rural 5-10% of the country as a whole and call it a day, we'd make way more and look way less horrible

Last edited by a moderator:

govols019

You smell that?
We've done this before...I don't know why this company has to act like a toddler but sometimes you just have to let them relearn lessons.

textat3

I have been around UPS for parts of 4 decades. I promise you this…..every decision UPS has ever came to such as:

1) 15 min pick up window
2) all pick ups back by 8pm
3) run trace 85%
4) only keep helper for 2.99, 3.99 etc
5) take a picture of every pkg
6) Preloader can load 3-5 trucks instead of 2
7) 9am start, 930 start
8) no air drivers
9) no bulk truck
10) cut routes on Monday
11) cut routes on Friday
12) Telematics
13) cameras
14) pull in mirror
15) etc,etc,etc

has resulted in drivers who just relax and roll with it make more $$$$$. Get It out of your head that you used to be done at such and such time, you need to be done by such and such time, just kick back and enjoy the money …..if UPS wants any input from you they will ask.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I have been around UPS for parts of 4 decades. I promise you this…..every decision UPS has ever came to such as:

1) 15 min pick up window
3) run trace 85%
7) 9am start, 930 start
8) no air drivers
9) no bulk truck
10) cut routes on Monday
11) cut routes on Friday
12) Telematics
13) cameras
14) pull in mirror
15) etc,etc,etc

has resulted in drivers who just relax and roll with it make more $$$$$. Get It out of your head that you used to be done at such and such time, you need to be done by such and such time, just kick back and enjoy the money …..if UPS wants any input from you they will ask.
You cannot argue with this post..nicely done. I only have a couple of more years, hell may not make it that long.

Thebrownblob

1) 15 min pick up window
3) run trace 85%
7) 9am start, 930 start
8) no air drivers
9) no bulk truck
10) cut routes on Monday
11) cut routes on Friday
12) Telematics
13) cameras
14) pull in mirror
15) etc,etc,etc

Yep, every decision and instruction they make makes me more money. Fine with me.

Cowboy Mac

It’s about to go live here in a few weeks. I, and every other driver affected, will be filing every day.
My old bid route was bud as a Cut Monday route. Sometimes if we had a Monday holiday, they would cut my route on Tuesday and sometimes Wednesday.

“We’re running the Monday plan today” dispatch would always tell me.

“We’ll todays not Monday and I didn’t bid a cut Tuesday car or a cut Wednesday car.”

They had to pay me each time. To me if you bid a route and they cut it for whatever reason that’s their choice. They could easily build those rural deferred routes. They chose not to.

textat3

A song from the 90’s used to say….”lay back, kick it, enjoy the ride“. No reason to get fired up about anything. Yes sir, yes Ma’am.