Safety Complaints?- On Topic!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Mr J, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Mr J

Mr J New Member

About three weeks ago, I started my first day working for UPS as a driver helper for the peak season. Over the course of the past three weeks, things have been going very smoothly up until this Tuesday when my coordinator told me that the management wanted to speak with me after allegedly hearing some safety complaints about me. Now, I heard from one of my drivers that everything is pretty unorganized right now due to the start of the holiday season, and that's understandable. However, what I'm more concerned with is when they'll actually contact me so that we can go over it already and I can go back to work. Lately, I've been pressured by loved ones to start applying for a different job, even though I've yet to be fired from my current one. Honestly guys, I could really use some answers on what to expect and what my next course of action should be - Should I start applying again or should I just wait on them to contact me once everything is more organized?

• Old Old x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Poop Head

Poop Head No Scruples

If that's really you in your profile picture, you should change it

3. Mr J

Mr J New Member

Uh....Yours is *crappy*?

4. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Move on. You're a seasonal helper and if they are not using you and sited safety concerns as the reason it pretty much means it's over.

This time of year no manager is contacting a helper. It's just move to the next in line and keep packages moving.

5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Management excuse because you are not quick enough?

6. Mr J

Mr J New Member

Actually, I've been trying to deliver packages as quickly as I can. I'm not completely sprinting, but I do try to make my deliveries as fast as possible, all while still trying to be safe, of course.

7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

How many stops an hour? Anything less then 35 or 40 an hour and the driver may as well be working alone.

8. Mr J

Mr J New Member

I think around that much, if not more. I really haven't been keeping track of things like that; I prefer to focus on only doing my job.

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I agree here. I see you still have what appears to be your selfie as an avatar. Please change it.

10. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Demand to know who has been making these false allegations, slap them with a "cease and desist", then file a defamation of character suit.

tenor (11).gif

11. zubenelgenubi

download (5).jpeg

12. Mr J

Mr J New Member

I'm not sure if you guys asking me to change my name is some kind of meme or if you guys are being serious.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. zubenelgenubi

I wasn't asking you to change anything. Ralph Wiggum is funny.

giphy (15).gif

Just 'cause I'm nice, I'll explain the joke.

It is against the tos on this site to use your real pic and/or name. They were suggesting, for comedic effect, that Ralph Wiggum is an actual repesentation of who you are.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  14. Mr J

Mr J New Member

Oh, thanks. I appreciate the info.

15. Mr J

Mr J New Member

I am a driver helper, a seasonal employee. I have been out of work for a week due to alleged "safety complaints", I am trying to talk to SOMEBODY so that I can get back to work, but my coordinator is completely and utterly USELESS!!! He keeps telling me "I'll contact my manager" or "I'll send you an email." However, as far as I can see, HE ISN'T DOING CRAP!!! Who the hell am I supposed to call to get verification whether or not I still have a job? I am already losing my patience and I cannot wait any longer.

16. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

What’s an alleged safety complaint?

17. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

Don’t count on being called in to work again. You’re a seasonal employee that someone felt is at risk of getting hurt.

18. Mr J

Mr J New Member

Something they told me to keep me out of work. It's not proven or anything. When I asked my coordinator what exactly it was about, he just said "I'll send you an email", which he hasn't yet.

19. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Ever think about McDonald’s

If not

You should

20. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

Get over it and move on. It’s not an excuse. You are a liability.