Safety Complaints?- On Topic!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Something they told me to keep me out of work. It's not proven or anything. When I asked my coordinator what exactly it was about, he just said "I'll send you an email", which he hasn't yet.

Whatever it was, I guess you should have left it home.

Bye.

Mr J

I need to find a number so that I can call somebody to tell me whether or not I still have a job. I tried the "UPS Helpline" but they're a third-party service.

542thruNthru

They hired me on as a seasonal employee, I DESERVE TO KNOW.

I need to find a number so that I can call somebody to tell me whether or not I still have a job. I tried the "UPS Helpline" but they're a third-party service.

Waste of time and money. These big corporations always have expensive lawyers.

I told you in this thread!
https://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/safety-complaints-on-topic.380631/#post-3844119

You are a seasonal and absolutely no one is going to call you. They have already black listed you. Probably for something other then safety but that's the only excuse they can use so they don't get sued. Hell it could have been the driver that said

"Stop using this guy he smells like a bag of :censored2: on a hot day!"

Move on and find another job.

Maplewood

I am a driver helper, a seasonal employee. I have been out of work for a week due to alleged "safety complaints", I am trying to talk to SOMEBODY so that I can get back to work, but my coordinator is completely and utterly USELESS!!! He keeps telling me "I'll contact my manager" or "I'll send you an email." However, as far as I can see, HE ISN'T DOING CRAP!!! Who the hell am I supposed to call to get verification whether or not I still have a job? I am already losing my patience and I cannot wait any longer.
In my area helpers pay union dues. Have you called your local union business agent?

DOK

Wonder if you signed into upsers if there would be info there?

Overpaid Union Thug

I am a driver helper, a seasonal employee. I have been out of work for a week due to alleged "safety complaints", I am trying to talk to SOMEBODY so that I can get back to work, but my coordinator is completely and utterly USELESS!!! He keeps telling me "I'll contact my manager" or "I'll send you an email." However, as far as I can see, HE ISN'T DOING CRAP!!! Who the hell am I supposed to call to get verification whether or not I still have a job? I am already losing my patience and I cannot wait any longer.
I'm going to be honest with you here. If you are being cast aside without being passed around to different drivers first then someone has convinced the coordinator, or someone higher up than that in the center, that you are too slow physically and/or mentally. It's highly unlikely that you have been shunned for being too fast so there's no point in going into that scenario.

Unfortunately there are too many drivers that think you are supposed to run and gun because we are extra busy this time of year. When those cowards get a Helper that is not willing to run they will get rid of them but they always end up with other drivers before they are let go. Regardless of the reason I agree it is rather Shady to just leave someone hanging. They should at least tell you you are not going to be working anymore. They expect notices to be given when people quit so....

barnyard

KTM rider
I agree with OUT above. The OP is either way too slow or way too unsafe and is not take direction from the driver. My guess is that the driver knows what he/she is talking about and the supes are taking his/her word for it.

The job is not for everyone and it is a seasonal job. You would be looking for another job in January, might as well just start now.