Safety Complaints?- On Topic!

Mr J

About three weeks ago, I started my first day working for UPS as a driver helper for the peak season. Over the course of the past three weeks, things have been going very smoothly up until this Tuesday when my coordinator told me that the management wanted to speak with me after allegedly hearing some safety complaints about me. Now, I heard from one of my drivers that everything is pretty unorganized right now due to the start of the holiday season, and that's understandable. However, what I'm more concerned with is when they'll actually contact me so that we can go over it already and I can go back to work. Lately, I've been pressured by loved ones to start applying for a different job, even though I've yet to be fired from my current one. Honestly guys, I could really use some answers on what to expect and what my next course of action should be - Should I start applying again or should I just wait on them to contact me once everything is more organized?

542thruNthru

About three weeks ago, I started my first day working for UPS as a driver helper for the peak season. Over the course of the past three weeks, things have been going very smoothly up until this Tuesday when my coordinator told me that the management wanted to speak with me after allegedly hearing some safety complaints about me. Now, I heard from one of my drivers that everything is pretty unorganized right now due to the start of the holiday season, and that's understandable. However, what I'm more concerned with is when they'll actually contact me so that we can go over it already and I can go back to work. Lately, I've been pressured by loved ones to start applying for a different job, even though I've yet to be fired from my current one. Honestly guys, I could really use some answers on what to expect and what my next course of action should be - Should I start applying again or should I just wait on them to contact me once everything is more organized?

Move on. You're a seasonal helper and if they are not using you and sited safety concerns as the reason it pretty much means it's over.

This time of year no manager is contacting a helper. It's just move to the next in line and keep packages moving.

Actually, I've been trying to deliver packages as quickly as I can. I'm not completely sprinting, but I do try to make my deliveries as fast as possible, all while still trying to be safe, of course.
How many stops an hour? Anything less then 35 or 40 an hour and the driver may as well be working alone.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Demand to know who has been making these false allegations, slap them with a "cease and desist", then file a defamation of character suit.

tenor (11).gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm not sure if you guys asking me to change my name is some kind of meme or if you guys are being serious.
I wasn't asking you to change anything. Ralph Wiggum is funny.

giphy (15).gif

Just 'cause I'm nice, I'll explain the joke.

It is against the tos on this site to use your real pic and/or name. They were suggesting, for comedic effect, that Ralph Wiggum is an actual repesentation of who you are.

Last edited:

Mr J

I wasn't asking you to change anything. Ralph Wiggum is funny.

View attachment 224516

Just 'cause I'm nice, I'll explain the joke.

It is against the tos on this site to use your real pic and/or name. They were suggesting, for comedic effect, that Ralph Wiggum is an actual repesentation of who you are.
Oh, thanks. I appreciate the info.

Mr J

I am a driver helper, a seasonal employee. I have been out of work for a week due to alleged "safety complaints", I am trying to talk to SOMEBODY so that I can get back to work, but my coordinator is completely and utterly USELESS!!! He keeps telling me "I'll contact my manager" or "I'll send you an email." However, as far as I can see, HE ISN'T DOING CRAP!!! Who the hell am I supposed to call to get verification whether or not I still have a job? I am already losing my patience and I cannot wait any longer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am a driver helper, a seasonal employee. I have been out of work for a week due to alleged "safety complaints", I am trying to talk to SOMEBODY so that I can get back to work, but my coordinator is completely and utterly USELESS!!! He keeps telling me "I'll contact my manager" or "I'll send you an email." However, as far as I can see, HE ISN'T DOING CRAP!!! Who the hell am I supposed to call to get verification whether or not I still have a job? I am already losing my patience and I cannot wait any longer.

What’s an alleged safety complaint?