Safety Compliance.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
I am getting ready to go back to work on Monday after a month of TAW. I'm not sure how it will go as I now have a new O/R. My former O/R started to develop a poor attitude toward me because of my TAW. He wouldn't make eye contact with me, and he was almost to the point of ignoring me (I didn't mind...really). I am thankful that my center manager gave me the work inside instead of sitting home for a month on comp. I will be getting my ride from my new sup. I'm looking forward to it. I have been taking in all of the advice that y'all have been giving Steve, and hope that my return to work will be a smooth ride!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Today was the day of my OJS ride, and wouldn't you know it, they pulled all of the extra stuff off. I had 120 less pkgs today than yesterday, only 6 NDA and only 3 misloads, which were just pkgs they neglected to move when they pulled all the extra stuff off of me. The supe harassed me all day. Stepped on my heels as I was walking, almost slammed into me when I stopped and tried to get me to run out of trace.

I punched out at 18:05 and afterwards got a call from a buddy that said the supe had printed everything out and it was all highlighted. Gee, I can't wait till tomorrow.

Document everything. You know they will.

P

pickup

Today was the day of my OJS ride, and wouldn't you know it, they pulled all of the extra stuff off. I had 120 less pkgs today than yesterday, only 6 NDA and only 3 misloads, which were just pkgs they neglected to move when they pulled all the extra stuff off of me. The supe harassed me all day. Stepped on my heels as I was walking, almost slammed into me when I stopped and tried to get me to run out of trace.

I punched out at 18:05 and afterwards got a call from a buddy that said the supe had printed everything out and it was all highlighted. Gee, I can't wait till tomorrow.

took off sick today, went out to get some chinese food . I come back to my place and my girlfriend is here (she lives with me) . I called in sick at the last minute and didn't call her to tell her I would be home , I figured when she got home, I would be here. I just came in through the door and "caught" her on the computer on browncafe which is okay with me but apparently after some questioning , she does this quite a bit and seems to know more about what is going on with Steve than I do. Ha, ha.
Stug, you got a secret admirer. She hopes everything is okay with you. From what she knows of people here like stug and uk guy, she does this quite a bit. As far as I know , she doesn't post but I will definitely be logging out every time before I leave at night (sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't)

P

pickup

This is not a thread I go to too often and I didn't know that Steve is under the magnifying glass. My girlfriend wants me to tell Steve that "the observer, by stepping on your heels, interfered with you and hence invalidated the results he was trying to observe". She is a monday morning arm chair shop steward wanna be.

trickpony1

STUG-
Could you start a new thread to share your experiences with your fine management team?
Maybe "The Stug Chronicles" would be a good title.

P.S. I really liked the picture that came up when I clicked on your "corporate monitor click here" signature line this morning. It has since been changed but it was so appropriate for the occasion.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
took off sick today, went out to get some chinese food . I come back to my place and my girlfriend is here (she lives with me) . I called in sick at the last minute and didn't call her to tell her I would be home , I figured when she got home, I would be here. I just came in through the door and "caught" her on the computer on browncafe which is okay with me but apparently after some questioning , she does this quite a bit and seems to know more about what is going on with Steve than I do. Ha, ha.
Stug, you got a secret admirer. She hopes everything is okay with you. From what she knows of people here like stug and uk guy, she does this quite a bit. As far as I know , she doesn't post but I will definitely be logging out every time before I leave at night (sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't)
She should just sign up on her own SN. The more the marrier. Or merrier?:surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
STUG-
Could you start a new thread to share your experiences with your fine management team?

P.S. I really liked the picture that came up when I clicked on your "corporate monitor click here" signature line this morning. It has since been changed but it was so appropriate for the occasion.
OH man, it was changed? Why, Steve? What happened?

Sammie

Out of the clear blue sky, Hubby was tagged a "company liability"
last week as he's had 2 lost time injuries within the past decade.
You cannot win.

Sorting, loading, delivering, the work is physical and people
are going to get hurt. I spent about 10 years in the safety
department during which time we suffered several fatalities. Even so,
take pride in the fact that we're some of the safest drivers on the
road. No matter the safe work methods, procedures and initiatives,
things will happen. Mgmt is instructed to lean on you. Just do the best you can do.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Oh, dilligaf, you sure know how to start trouble, don't you? Don't you give her any ideas!
Oh Pickup, I know that you where joking. I didn't respond b/c of other things not b/c of anything you said. We have Mecforbrownswife, we can have pickupsGF. I've had a really bad couple of days.:crying::crying:

P

pickup

Oh Pickup, I know that you where joking. I didn't respond b/c of other things not b/c of anything you said. We have Mecforbrownswife, we can have pickupsGF. I've had a really bad couple of days.:crying::crying:

I'm sorry to hear about it, I hope things turn around for ya. I was just making sure that the exclamation mark at the end of my sentence without the smiley face:-)happy-very:) wasn't taken the wrong way. I'm glad it wasn't.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I am getting ready to go back to work on Monday after a month of TAW. I'm not sure how it will go as I now have a new O/R. My former O/R started to develop a poor attitude toward me because of my TAW. He wouldn't make eye contact with me, and he was almost to the point of ignoring me (I didn't mind...really). I am thankful that my center manager gave me the work inside instead of sitting home for a month on comp. I will be getting my ride from my new sup. I'm looking forward to it. I have been taking in all of the advice that y'all have been giving Steve, and hope that my return to work will be a smooth ride!

I'm sure you'll do fine, POIM. Just try not to take any pictures of your supe unbelted.:wink2:

Your new avatar makes me wanna say, Darn, Darn, Darn, while stomping my feet. :happy2:

This is not a thread I go to too often and I didn't know that Steve is under the magnifying glass. My girlfriend wants me to tell Steve that "the observer, by stepping on your heels, interfered with you and hence invalidated the results he was trying to observe". She is a monday morning arm chair shop steward wanna be.

She should just sign up on her own SN. The more the marrier. Or merrier?:surprised:

She could be, "delivery", LOL, thank you guys for caring, it'll all work out. I will take the stepping on my heals thing under advisement, as I'm filing my grieveance, today.

STUG-

OH man, it was changed? Why, Steve? What happened?

I would have kept my beloved signature picture up there, but as with everything, I think they got the picture.:wink2:

LastBest&Final

To Endeavor To Persevere

I had the pleasure of going through the same thing about 6 years ago. I learned a lot about UPS management and the teamster. Most days my car is almost always too full to shut the doors, but it was empty on those three days. Every thing fit on the shelves, but the rear door stops. The air that I would have to break trace was cut off me to and given to an air driver and the load was perfectly loaded stop for stop. The on car said that he should not be able to keep up with me walking because I'm so much taller than him. I told him maybe UPS pay rate should be base on the person's height then. He wanted me the use the two wheel cart less and said that a person of my size and physical condition could carry more weight. I told him I don't want too injure my back like so many other drivers that cant work any more. He had me do illegal DR's and will call construction sites without attempting a delivery, so we could save time. The production numbers improved and I was told that there were going to hold me accountable if they go back the way they were. Well, my route went back to the way it was before and unfortunately, so did the production numbers. After a year or so of numerous wright ups, warring letters and grievance hearings over "not following proper working methods" and "not working the same supervised as not supervised", the harassment eventually stopped and when to the next driver that need little extra encouragement. CYA do every and all safety and work method, if you can follow them to the T you will run so far over allowed that they wont want to ride with you ever again. If the harassment makes you work faster than you will get more harassment. Review the 340 work methods and do them just as it says. Make sure you check all six sides of every package, don't load your cart inside of the package car, and get the signature first and then scan all the packages. Document everything that they did to change your route or dispatch and take pictures of your load. Ask your preloader if they were going through your truck before start time to set it up or gave the preloader extra time to load your car better. Be prepared to answer why the production numbers where better when you were supervise than when you were not. Saying that they set you up or they just don't like you because you made them mad, isn't the best defense to use at a grievance hearing. Good luck and do every thing by the book, because they fire most drivers for dishonesty than for production.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I had the pleasure of going through the same thing about 6 years ago. I learned a lot about UPS management and the teamster. Most days my car is almost always too full to shut the doors, but it was empty on those three days. Every thing fit on the shelves, but the rear door stops. The air that I would have to break trace was cut off me to and given to an air driver and the load was perfectly loaded stop for stop. The on car said that he should not be able to keep up with me walking because I'm so much taller than him. I told him maybe UPS pay rate should be base on the person's height then. He wanted me the use the two wheel cart less and said that a person of my size and physical condition could carry more weight. I told him I don't want too injure my back like so many other drivers that cant work any more. He had me do illegal DR's and will call construction sites without attempting a delivery, so we could save time. The production numbers improved and I was told that there were going to hold me accountable if they go back the way they were. Well, my route went back to the way it was before and unfortunately, so did the production numbers. After a year or so of numerous wright ups, warring letters and grievance hearings over "not following proper working methods" and "not working the same supervised as not supervised", the harassment eventually stopped and when to the next driver that need little extra encouragement. CYA do every and all safety and work method, if you can follow them to the T you will run so far over allowed that they wont want to ride with you ever again. If the harassment makes you work faster than you will get more harassment. Review the 340 work methods and do them just as it says. Make sure you check all six sides of every package, don't load your cart inside of the package car, and get the signature first and then scan all the packages. Document everything that they did to change your route or dispatch and take pictures of your load. Ask your preloader if they were going through your truck before start time to set it up or gave the preloader extra time to load your car better. Be prepared to answer why the production numbers where better when you were supervise than when you were not. Saying that they set you up or they just don't like you because you made them mad, isn't the best defense to use at a grievance hearing. Good luck and do every thing by the book, because they fire most drivers for dishonesty than for production.

My center manager said that I am now the Least Best driver in our building, sniff sniff. I hope I can get over these feelings, as I'm so terribly sad.:wink2: I was getting ready to quit their "safety" committee, until I read your post. I almost reverted back to the old ways, so as to not have to deal with these donkeys. Thanks for the encouragement.:peaceful:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My center manager said that I am now the Least Best driver in our building, sniff sniff. I hope I can get over these feelings, as I'm so terribly sad.:wink2: I was getting ready to quit their "safety" committee, until I read your post. I almost reverted back to the old ways, so as to not have to deal with these donkeys. Thanks for the encouragement.:peaceful:

Welcome to the "least best" club. Wear your "least best" badge with pride. And never, ever forget just how quickly your management team turned on you when you were no longer able to make them look good on paper.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Seems to me I've heard that least best bit before as well. Goes to show how important it was to me, I can't remember when I heard it or from whom. :surprised: