Sales pushing Ground?

SmithBarney

I talked to a sales rep today. She told me they are still turning away shippers because grounds infrastructure can't keep up with the growth of volume. She was very frustrated.
So why do some of you think they are trying to move express volume over to ground?
Because the reps came in and told us to our faces, while driving their BMW and Lexus ;)

CJinx

They need to work on the new hub construction and satellite expansion timelines. It'll be tight but doable this year. Different story next year.

TUT

Sales will sell anything a customer wants. Ground, express, ltl, ocean... Perhaps capacity plays an issue in some parts, but there has never been anything to the "They are trying to move Express over to Ground", this is talks between a handful of Sale Reps and myself.

Ground is more popular because if the product allows it, $$$ matter. 2008 doubled down on that theory.

Sales Reps don't like nor drive drivers getting sales leads as you call them. I've followed up on this a while back, this is a directive above both parties, you are just following order made by others. No need for hate between sales and operations, those I work with are very complimentary of the job operations do. Are their exceptions, probably, but there isn't hate, nor is there any drive for them wanting you to do their job.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I talked to a sales rep today. She told me they are still turning away shippers because grounds infrastructure can't keep up with the growth of volume. She was very frustrated.
So why do some of you think they are trying to move express volume over to ground?

Because they read it here at BC.