Santa Maria Call Center Shutting down.

callcenterjinx

We all got told today that the entire site is shutting down. Not a single person is getting transferred and we will all be gone by Sept 11th. Yay UPS.....

randomUPSISer

From what we were told Salt Lake North is also getting shut down. Not sure if they know that yet.

Are there more than one SLC CSC sites? Curious as I know someone in "the SLC CSC" center and am wondering if this affects them. You mentioned "north" though which makes me think there is more than one?

klein

Für Meno :)
I can't find an official press release on this, but I heard it from darkangel (a UPS call center worker in the Phillipines, too - she has a profile on bc, as well).
Just have this, found on a message/comment board.

UPS in Moncton announced that it will be winding down call center in Moncton - they have decided to give those jobs to the Phillipines once the staff there are up & running(they closed out Ireland's call centers last year).
It's all about getting the best (cheapest) workforce(whether the customer can understand the person at the other end when they call for service or help is a crapshoot. Tried calling Sears for a serviceman a couple of months ago - what an ordeal. And they are 10 minutes away)
Unfortunately - pricing will not reflect the savings- except for higher bonuses for decison makers.
With all these people unemployed, who will be able to afford their services??
Funny - Canada & the US seem to send more aid & take in more immigrants from these third world countries that are getting these jobs.
Too bad they don't pay the 3rd world country employees wages sufficient to send aid to those who will be unemployed through these cuts.

klein

Did you read the comment on the side of the article ?
No website is saved from piltical personal opinions :

http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news/x433576186/Schumer-wants-to-slow-exodus-of-US-call-centers#
1 person liked this.
How dump is this? The reason we have to outsource the calls to foreign countries is because we do not have enough trained/skilled people in the US to do this. We are so far behind with computer technology. Another dump idea by a democrat

Papa John

i work at ups in moncton nb canada and they have transfered some of the tracking department calls to the philipeans (of course for cheaper labour) ups keeps telling us that there will be no job losses or centre closures (bull****) they must think that we're stupid or something. we have a few hundred people that work here at ups. there is a new pcm meeting that we have to attend next week that is about 45m long..... wonder if they are going to tell us that they are closing down. wouldnt be a surprise. everyone at work is talking about it. look what happened to the ups in santa maria, they closed down and were given a few months notice. ups canada call centre must really think we are stupid and not know whats going on in there

klein

i work at ups in moncton nb canada and they have transfered some of the tracking department calls to the philipeans (of course for cheaper labour) ups keeps telling us that there will be no job losses or centre closures (bull****) they must think that we're stupid or something. we have a few hundred people that work here at ups. there is a new pcm meeting that we have to attend next week that is about 45m long..... wonder if they are going to tell us that they are closing down. wouldnt be a surprise. everyone at work is talking about it. look what happened to the ups in santa maria, they closed down and were given a few months notice. ups canada call centre must really think we are stupid and not know whats going on in there

There is a phillipino on here. Her nickname is "Darkangel"
She works in the US call center in the phillipines. She also done the Aussie shift there.
And, she is the one that told me that Canada is moving there.

She see's and hears what is being built over there.
Good luck to you . papa John.

Papa John

Re: UPS Canada

thanks for the info. so, from what i'm understanding, ups moncton nb canada centre is telling us that they are not closing and there will not be any job losses, but the girl from the philipeans is saying that the canada call centre (moncton csc) will be moving to the philipeans. is there any other info that anyone else can give or know of

klein

how can i send a message on here directly to darkangel?

Just go to your inbox and type darkangel in the reciepent.
She works for UPS SCS in the Phillipines, which handles Aussie and USA calls.

She told me the new center that will be handling Canada calls will be outsourced, and won't be part of UPS.
Even cheaper labor then it is now ! (And she only earns $1.50 per hr handling US calls and working for UPS ) !!!!

Papa John

Re: UPS Canada (Moncton CSC)

PHP:
Just go to your inbox and type darkangel in the reciepent.
She works for UPS SCS in the Phillipines, which handles Aussie and USA calls.

She told me the new center that will be handling Canada calls will be outsourced, and won't be part of UPS.
Even cheaper labor then it is now ! (And she only earns $1.50 per hr handling US calls and working for UPS ) !!!!

Just wanted to say thank you!

Papa John