Saturday after thanksgiving

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you local had nads, you would have a four day weekend if you wanted. The 177 and the 804 have it in their contract.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
C'mon guys!
It's all about getting it done for our valuable customers!
Coming together as a team during Peak!
Anything it takes to get the job done!

So what? You lose a little family time. That's the JOB you signed up for! Family time is over-rated anyhow. What's one more day a week in the package car? Think of all those smiling little brats...errr.....children around the Christmas tree thanks to your extra effort!
Think of the good feeling you'll have knowing you saved some parents ass cuz they waited till the last minute to order something!
TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM!
I'm pretty sure you're joking but if you aren't. Peak we could handle by itself.

It's the beatdown the other 10.5 months out of the year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My center will be delivering (and doing pick ups if open and willing to ship that day) friday, Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving. So far it's voluntary... No word yet on forcing from the bottom up.

Friday and Saturday I believe.

Sunday I don't-----it's way too early to be working on Sunday.

JL 0513

Long gone are the days when a driver could take a 4 day trip to see their extended family over Thanksgiving. Maybe you can see them at Christmas. Oh wait, can't do that. Maybe take a vacation in April to go see them if they can vacation too.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
C'mon guys!
It's all about getting it done for our valuable customers!
Coming together as a team during Peak!
Anything it takes to get the job done!

So what? You lose a little family time. That's the JOB you signed up for! Family time is over-rated anyhow. What's one more day a week in the package car? Think of all those smiling little brats...errr.....children around the Christmas tree thanks to your extra effort!
Think of the good feeling you'll have knowing you saved some parents ass cuz they waited till the last minute to order something!
TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM!
DGAF.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The problem isn't getting the deliveries done on Saturdays, the problem is running a preload to get the packages in the truck.

Seasonals who come in here and need the money are no brainers in working it. It's the regular crew (Jan-Oct) who could tell them to friend off.

542thruNthru

They try this with us every year. They put up a list saying they are forcing from the bottom up. only a few ever show up. They can't force us to work a 6th punch. Never heard of this 70hr 8 day thing. I guess luckily neither has my center manager.

JackStraw

Already asked by my center manager if I'm working the Friday after Thanksgiving. "Nah, not gonna be able to make it" he stomped his feet, brought me in the office for my over-allowed. LOL