Saturday ground and terrible union

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have 28 years in.

I don't recall the Company claiming that they would lose jobs and volume if they did not start delivering Ground on Saturdays.

Did you really think that Telematics was not going to be used against us?
Yes hot shot we know you have 28 years in....always have to start off with that...lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I actually have 29 years lol I am just trying not to be identified So you don't think we as teamsters should not of been asked to voice our opinion I mean I seen this coming that would cause a lot of cut routes on Monday and a lot of senior drivers would rather take off before running a route cold on Mondays which they have the opportunity to do based on seniority that's even less money going into our pension. Wake up and open your eyes obviously your route is not cut on Mondays like mine because I have a 60% resi route and they divide my business between 3 other routes which are bid routes and you can not cover even if higher senior employee uuum seems a little fishey
Bump their ass....you are very close to retirement.. And you don't want to have a heart attack before that happens!!! And yes it feels like the union has been taking an reactive approach to ups not a proactive approach and it has been getting a little worse year after year...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thank you you do see it as I do it's like we are in a losing battle as union workers not being able to voice our opinion before they go ahead and agree to the Saturday ground day. Did the union even consider that they will be using Mondays work to make sure all drivers are dispatched with over 8.0hr day which then allows them to cut routes on Mondays (I doubt it). Most of the routes in our region are designed with 30% business and 70% residential which allows this to happen. I just can't comprehend as to why this Saturday ground work wasn't offered as extra work in seniority order until Mabey next contract when they had more time to get a grip on volume and strategy . It seems some areas were done this way . We are getting boned again sincerely a once proud Teamster
Thank the lord you have lots of years in... Try starting ups right now and have 30 years to go... No thank you!!

trickpony1

Cutting runs on Monday and you go home?

No problem until at the end of the year you needed those 52 "reports" to make a year's pension credit.

Think about it.

Indecisi0n

Well in our area they will let you deliver till 11pm as long as not over 14 hours and I try not to make ups my life I like to be home by at least 7. And when you do that the next day you will have a rider with you and that sucks
It's the same here but guess what ? If I am out until 11 that means a sup has to wait until I get back at 11. A few nights of that and then my dispatch suddenly gets better. Play the game.

Faceplanted

It's the same here but guess what ? If I am out until 11 that means a sup has to wait until I get back at 11. A few nights of that and then my dispatch suddenly gets better. Play the game.
In my hub and most others, when your out till 11 they just tell the Oms to call them once u get in. They don't wait around, nor do they care.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
In my hub and most others, when your out till 11 they just tell the Oms to call them once u get in. They don't wait around, nor do they care.

Same here.

One year, we had a District Manager that told every Center Manager that they could not go home on Christmas Eve until every driver was in. The best year ever, but only happened one year.

Management doesn't care anymore, and that's a shame.

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Bump their ass....you are very close to retirement.. And you don't want to have a heart attack before that happens!!! And yes it feels like the union has been taking an reactive approach to ups not a proactive approach and it has been getting a little worse year after year...
I thought I was close to retirement I started here in 1988 at 18 yrs old and with our pension the way it is I will be there till I'm 55 now and not 48. So guess it will be having to work 37 years to receive my pension without any freakin deductions which is just wrong guess you don't benefit from this being my only job I've had. And I hated it since day 1

M

MenInBrown

What doesn't get delivered on my rt before 9:00pm I sheet up as missed. Been doing that for almost 10 years. "Safety first"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Once again UPS uses its strong arm tactics saying they will lose business and jobs will be lost if the union didn't accept the Saturday ground deal . But now UPS is able to cut 20 routes on Mondays because of this new Saturday ground deal. And that is only in one center in one region . So who is really losing here as my route is now cut on Mondays so I can either run cover after having over 22 years here and prob have a stress related stroke or take the day off gee I wonder which I will do. Why is our union allowing them to cut routes and lose a days pay .. why didn't the union agree to Saturday but make it extra work with a sign up sheet for anyone wanting to work that would benefit us and add to our :censored2:ty pension What is going on with our teamsters is it me or are we just weakening and getting walked all over by big brown .. I remember in the 97 contract that any new technology could not and would not be used for production standards or discipline but every morning there is a line for employees being called into the office with at least 30 pages printed out as to why you at this stop for 5 min or why was truck at idle for 6 min or why was bulkhead door open for 6 min your spending to much time behind bulkhead door is always a classic ups management line but they are not there when your truck is a mess and you search for a package so when you find later you don't have to go back which then you will be in office for why does Orion say your route should be done with 64 miles and you did 82 . Lol we can win we are doomed and it's only gonna get worse because soon there will be sensors on the seat and bulk head door handle I can gaurentee you that is coming And then it will be why did it take you 38 seconds from your ass off the seat to closing bulk head door . Sorry for the rant but just wondering what ever happened to no new technology created will be used for any disciplinary practices It's getting sorta ridiculous here and I'm sure we all agree .... And then you get some ass face that will say just quit then. Well assface I started here at 18 I'm 47 now where am I gonna go at this age making the same amount.
Without a degree because ups would never let me out with a 8hour day when I had night school 15 years ago. Need some balls back in our union

Wow.

Any chance you could condense your thoughts ?

Besides.... "the Union sucks"

Paragraphs would help.

Thanks.

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Same here.

One year, we had a District Manager that told every Center Manager that they could not go home on Christmas Eve until every driver was in. The best year ever, but only happened one year.

Management doesn't care anymore, and that's a shame.
Have they "really" ever cared???? I have never felt like they have...nor have I lost any sleep over it

By The Book

I thought I was close to retirement I started here in 1988 at 18 yrs old and with our pension the way it is I will be there till I'm 55 now and not 48. So guess it will be having to work 37 years to receive my pension without any freakin deductions which is just wrong guess you don't benefit from this being my only job I've had. And I hated it since day 1
Work 30 years....stay on package 2 more then bid on a 22.3 job for the remainder of your career. This will take you out of the stress and keep you from being injured and heal your body. This will also help you live on closer to what your pension will pay you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Do you need a hug?