Saturday ground and terrible union

JL 0513

Grammar:

noun
1. the study of the way the sentences of a language are constructed; morphology and syntax.
2. these features or constructions themselves:
English grammar.
3. an account of these features; a set of rules accounting for these constructions:
a grammar of English.
4. Generative Grammar. a device, as a body of rules, whose output is all of the sentences that are permissible in a given language, while excluding all those that are not permissible.
5. knowledge or usage of the preferred or prescribed forms in speaking orwriting

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
It's the same here but guess what ? If I am out until 11 that means a sup has to wait until I get back at 11. A few nights of that and then my dispatch suddenly gets better. Play the game.
That's exactly what u have to do
What doesn't get delivered on my rt before 9:00pm I sheet up as missed. Been doing that for almost 10 years. "Safety first"
in our center we have to notify center of any packages being sheeted as missed before returning to bldg as for say your delivering a package and there is a dog in driveway you have to sheet as not in and scan info notice even though info notice can't be placed on door just goes in garbage

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Work 30 years....stay on package 2 more then bid on a 22.3 job for the remainder of your career. This will take you out of the stress and keep you from being injured and heal your body. This will also help you live on closer to what your pension will pay you.
I was inside for 3 years but I really didn't like the fact of being scolded by 20 yr olds for going to the bathroom 2 times in 3 hours and the fact of being overly supervised

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Have they "really" ever cared???? I have never felt like they have...nor have I lost any sleep over it
The problem in our area is that most of the hands on smart supervisors and managers have all retired and now we have 75 percent or management new with no clue on operations and seems that just don't care anymore exactly

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I didn't think that this was a grammar class and a paper to be graded

Blabbering on....

About personal situations, doesn't help the cause.

I was inside for 3 years but I really didn't like the fact of being scolded by 20 yr olds for going to the bathroom 2 times in 3 hours and the fact of being overly supervised

Why, haven't you set them straight ?

The problem in our area is that most of the hands on smart supervisors and managers have all retired and now we have 75 percent or management new with no clue on operations and seems that just don't care anymore exactly

Welcome to UPS.

-Bug-

JL 0513

I didn't think that this was a grammar class and a paper to be graded Are you serious mr supervisor

Even though these are just internet posts, decent sentence structure, paragraphs, and punctuation should be used if you want people to read what you have to say.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I have 28 years in.

I don't recall the Company claiming that they would lose jobs and volume if they did not start delivering Ground on Saturdays.

Did you really think that Telematics was not going to be used against us?

Operations Management does not want to work Saturday's either no one DM and above will be working Saturday I promise you.

Telematics is a great tool to manage with, example if we say don't back at a certain address then don't back at that address. I get you are looking for a package in the back of the truck for 5 minutes....but 43 times a day?? So that is where local policies and procedures come into place. SORT THE TRUCK be smart about it. We had to dig packages out in the 80's and we still have to dig them out today. Pre-load still hoses it up everyday.....so quit saying your package has never been so bad. Have someone load by an ALPHA CHART for the first few days/weeks and see how bad it is...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I get you are looking for a package in the back of the truck for 5 minutes....but 43 times a day?? So that is where local policies and procedures come into place. SORT THE TRUCK be smart about it. We had to dig packages out in the 80's and we still have to dig them out today. Pre-load still hoses it up everyday.....so quit saying your package has never been so bad.
Your comparison is delivering in the 80's and now? Wow, ignorance is really your strong suit. When ignorance fails, there is always delusion to fall back on. Fact is, you could never sustain the work pace you require your own staff to. The job takes as long as it takes. Period. Your arbitrary "goals" are not realistic. Your company would work more smoothly if you actually listened to your work force instead of some out of touch bean counter who hasn't delivered since the 80's or ever. I'd love to work for you. 5 minutes times 43 packages? Sounds like you're getting off easy.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Your comparison is delivering in the 80's and now? Wow, ignorance is really your strong suit. When ignorance fails, there is always delusion to fall back on. Fact is, you could never sustain the work pace you require your own staff to. The job takes as long as it takes. Period. Your arbitrary "goals" are not realistic. Your company would work more smoothly if you actually listened to your work force instead of some out of touch bean counter who hasn't delivered since the 80's or ever. I'd love to work for you. 5 minutes times 43 packages? Sounds like you're getting off easy.
You make it sound simple when it's not ... ever thought about politics?

P

pickup

Maybe not but......

52 days times 8 hours a day (pension is paid on straight time) equals 416 hours towards your total.

Not something to take lightly......
I thought it was paid on hours worked per week. If the guys works only 4 days a week and gets at least 40 hours, I would think his pension contribution is 100% for that week.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think I'm right.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Once again UPS uses its strong arm tactics saying they will lose business and jobs will be lost if the union didn't accept the Saturday ground deal . But now UPS is able to cut 20 routes on Mondays because of this new Saturday ground deal. And that is only in one center in one region . So who is really losing here as my route is now cut on Mondays so I can either run cover after having over 22 years here and prob have a stress related stroke or take the day off gee I wonder which I will do. Why is our union allowing them to cut routes and lose a days pay .. why didn't the union agree to Saturday but make it extra work with a sign up sheet for anyone wanting to work that would benefit us and add to our :censored2:ty pension What is going on with our teamsters is it me or are we just weakening and getting walked all over by big brown .. I remember in the 97 contract that any new technology could not and would not be used for production standards or discipline but every morning there is a line for employees being called into the office with at least 30 pages printed out as to why you at this stop for 5 min or why was truck at idle for 6 min or why was bulkhead door open for 6 min your spending to much time behind bulkhead door is always a classic ups management line but they are not there when your truck is a mess and you search for a package so when you find later you don't have to go back which then you will be in office for why does Orion say your route should be done with 64 miles and you did 82 . Lol we can win we are doomed and it's only gonna get worse because soon there will be sensors on the seat and bulk head door handle I can gaurentee you that is coming And then it will be why did it take you 38 seconds from your ass off the seat to closing bulk head door . Sorry for the rant but just wondering what ever happened to no new technology created will be used for any disciplinary practices It's getting sorta ridiculous here and I'm sure we all agree .... And then you get some ass face that will say just quit then. Well assface I started here at 18 I'm 47 now where am I gonna go at this age making the same amount.
Without a degree because ups would never let me out with a 8hour day when I had night school 15 years ago. Need some balls back in our union
I think the one that needs some balls is you.

A stroke from running coverage one day a week?

Price check on the extra absorbents please.

ManInBrown

Anyone that goes home on a Monday because they're afraid to run a route cold is a pansy. 2 year driver, or 20 year driver. Doesn't matter. Work and shove it right up their :censored2:. They created this problem. Not you. You're bailing them out by taking a dead day.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That's the problem out here. Instead of demanding 8 they all take days off and management never fixes there horrible dispatching.
I always said, why doesn't anyone try to organize a day or a week even where every driver, nation wide, does this. Everyone show up 5 minutes before start time and demand 8. Then, nationally, we all take lunch exactly 12-1300. They'd have little sheet stains in their drawers.

542thruNthru

I always said, why doesn't anyone try to organize a day or a week even where every driver, nation wide, does this. Everyone show up 5 minutes before start time and demand 8. Then, nationally, we all take lunch exactly 12-1300. They'd have little sheet stains in their drawers.

I went around asking every driver to demand 8 once. I got a ton of " screw that I have the seniority I'll go home if I want." To many people just don't care about how the lower guys are just getting screwed and how it would help people all the way to the top.

ManInBrown

Too many lazy, scaredy cats. We can't even get one day in our center where every driver demands 8.