Saturday ground service?

HomeDelivery

Because USPS was bombarded w/ too much SurePost/SmartPost the past peak

I assume Fedex wanted to get the delivered.

TUT, for a non-driver, you got the "big picture"

team green made service, while i heard team orange dropped the ball big-time this past peak season

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
There's no way I would work Saturdays. We don't get to see our families much during the week as it is. Like most, I worked two jobs including nights for years to make driver so I would have a normal week and a normal night's sleep. I would resign before working a Tues-Sat shift.

If they wanted to bring in part time drivers or 22.3 employees for a limited Saturday ground route it might be worth talking about, however the volume already is so low on Monday that it probably wouldn't be a good business decision

If you work under the New England Supplement:

ARTICLE 66 - HOURS OF WORK
AND OVERTIME

Section 1

(a) Five (5) days shall constitute a normal week's work for local
employees from Monday to Friday, inclusive, and the hours of labor
each day shall be worked in uninterrupted succession. All time
worked in excess of eight (8) hours per day shall be paid for as over-
time at one and one-half (1 1/2) times the normal rate.

(b) Full-time employees hired after July 31, 1987, shall have a work

week of five (5) consecutive days, Monday-Friday or Tuesday-
Saturday.

Yeah I know there is that non-standard verbiage in my supp but if they tried to change our operation to force me to work weekends I'd be gone.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Tues -Sat bids are fun.
The commute in on Sat is great most roads are empty , you do airs in the am & go around to UPS Stores in the pm to get their grounds.
I recall having some long lunch hours because most pickups don't start until 2-3 pm .
Having Mondays off lets one accomplish many tasks that really can't be done on weekends, except for holidays that are on Mondays. Then you just get an extra day's pay that week .