Saturday Ground Update

PT Car Washer

Absolutely. Going to be a complete clusteryouknowwhat. That's why they need to ask for volunteers first. I work with plenty of long time drivers who spend the 30 minutes before start time biting their fingernails off. They'd happily work T-S to avoid Monday's. I'm fine with a cluster:censored2: Monday
And Saturday will become the new Monday.

ManInBrown

And Saturday will become the new Monday.
Nah. I disagree. Very select pickups. 95% resi deliveries. Even if it is 3 routes worth of work, it's all house stops.

Monday will be 10x the disaster it is now when this is fully implemented. It will be 2 or 3 routes worth of business and resi, with all the business pickups.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The company is goIng to cut big time on Mondays. Ain't rocket science. Ups ain't too big on handing out easy days.
Going to be hard to double up on pickups and does anyone know yet if this ground Saturday volume is going to cost the customer an extra fee??? If it is an extra fee then this will make a big difference on volume for Monday

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The company is goIng to cut big time on Mondays. Ain't rocket science. Ups ain't too big on handing out easy days.
I don't see ups not charging an extra fee for Saturday ground pickups and deliveries... Not the way they nickel and dime customers....they can cut routes but they might find a new surge of 9.5ers in their future....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't see ups not charging an extra fee for Saturday ground pickups and deliveries... Not the way they nickel and dime customers....they can cut routes but they might find a new surge of 9.5ers in their future....
They are doing it now and not charging anything extra

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Going to be hard to double up on pickups and does anyone know yet if this ground Saturday volume is going to cost the customer an extra fee??? If it is an extra fee then this will make a big difference on volume for Monday
A center close to mine was recently told they'd be on it before the end of the year.

70-75 driver center. They were told expect to run about 40 routes on Saturday and 39 in Mondays

Monday will be very similar to the day after Xmas I would imagine.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You do know that Sunday is a full feeder day don't you??? Many runs are sun-thurs....for 1 day service commits that volume might definitely move on Sunday night...
Yup. Some hubs are already running sorts 7 days a week, only a matter of time til delivery gets with the program.