Saturday Ground Update

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I'm curious to see if anyone had yet challenged this based on religious freedom anywhere?

"Shabbat. Jewish Shabbat (Shabbath, Shabbes, Shobos, etc.) is a weekly day of rest, observed from sundown on Friday until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night. It is also observed by a minority of Christians, such as adherents of Messianic Judaism and Seventh-day Adventists."

Sabbath - Wikipedia

UPSGUY72

Is there any local that allows a forced 6th day? There shouldn't be. I'm not working 6 days. If I'm moved to T-S, and they think I'm coming in on Mondays during peak, they're even more delusional than I thought.

There not going force you to work a 6th day that is why they are going to have routes that are T-S and other routes M-friend. UPS isn't doing this to make money they are doing it because the competition is already doing it and shippers want it. Monday will be lighter no mater what time of the year because a lot of that volume is getting delivered on Saturday. Also Saturday will mostly be residential deliveries and pick ups will be very limited as UPS will be charging a fee for Sat pickups...

ManInBrown

I'm curious to see if anyone had yet challenged this based on religious freedom anywhere?

"Shabbat. Jewish Shabbat (Shabbath, Shabbes, Shobos, etc.) is a weekly day of rest, observed from sundown on Friday until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night. It is also observed by a minority of Christians, such as adherents of Messianic Judaism and Seventh-day Adventists."

Sabbath - Wikipedia
Excellent point. We need to communicate here, MEN and WOMEN. Update this thread with all scenarios occurring in all centers regarding Saturday ground

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sabbath - Wikipedia
image.jpeg

JL 0513

Is there any local that allows a forced 6th day? There shouldn't be. I'm not working 6 days. If I'm moved to T-S, and they think I'm coming in on Mondays during peak, they're even more delusional than I thought.

6 day weeks for everyone is already the norm during peak. Not sure how this changes anything.

Hellobrown2000

Alot ofvp
There not going force you to work a 6th day that is why they are going to have routes that are T-S and other routes M-friend. UPS isn't doing this to make money they are doing it because the competition is already doing it and shippers want it. Monday will be lighter no mater what time of the year because a lot of that volume is getting delivered on Saturday. Also Saturday will mostly be residential deliveries and pick ups will be very limited as UPS will be charging a fee for Sat pickups...
Alot of people will be getting paid for 8 and not working 8

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thank you... Finally a sky is not falling scenario....

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I bet there was a lot of whooping and high fives...
Have no idea. Been satellited for over 5 years and haven't had to sit through a PCM for that long.
Judging by the amount of calls I received today, I don't think the idea of Saturday ground has a large fan club.