Saturday Ground Update

PT Car Washer

100 plus routes. According to the early estimates they are looking to run around 25 on Saturdays. Looks like they will be forcing from the bottom up. BA is meeting with the company tomorrow to feel each other out.
So if they run 25 routes on Saturday, is it safe to assume they will cut 25 routes on Monday?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
So if they run 25 routes on Saturday, is it safe to assume they will cut 25 routes on Monday?
Early rumours are that they will be cutting more than that on Mondays. Have heard that most of our satellites will also be cut on Mondays. Hoping that if the cuts are deep enough I can get away with four day weeks for the rest of my time at UPS.

PT Car Washer

Early rumours are that they will be cutting more than that on Mondays. Have heard that most of our satellites will also be cut on Mondays. Hoping that if the cuts are deep enough I can get away with four day weeks for the rest of my time at UPS.
I wish you luck with a 4 day work week. Some of the younger drivers may not appreciate it much.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
So New York has no feeder movement on Sunday...ok. They will when you start working Tuesday through Saturday...enjoy the schedule change.

Attachments

• 1487302240578660963741.jpg
    1487302240578660963741.jpg
    1,011.9 KB · Views: 205

PT Car Washer

He is on a satellite route. Very few cover drivers like to cover satellite routes so if his route is cut on Monday he should have no problem working just 4 days per week.
I would agree but some of the younger drivers with a mortgage and car payments and a family may have trouble making ends meet working 4 days a week.

mrbrownstone

Anyone know of guys quitting yet who were forced into a Tues-Thurs schedule? I'm only 2nd year into progression making 19.50 an hour and will be looking to quit if forced.

This sucks not only for family reasons but what about when holidays fall on Mon or are always on Monday like labor day? In a Mon thru Frid schedule you get an extra day off. I guess the Tues thru Sat people are just screwed with a normal 2 days off. friend that.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_2079.GIF
Anyone know of guys quitting yet who were forced into a Tues-Thurs schedule? I'm only 2nd year into progression making 19.50 an hour and will be looking to quit if forced.

This sucks not only for family reasons but what about when holidays fall on Mon or are always on Monday like labor day? In a Mon thru Frid schedule you get an extra day off. I guess the Tues thru Sat people are just screwed with a normal 2 days off. friend that.

PT Car Washer

If it means that much to you not to work on a Saturday, then go ahead and quit. I am sure there will a line waiting to take the job. I have been working Saturdays for most of 45 years (longer if you count cutting grass and taking care of the garden) so I don't feel sorry for you. You could just suck it up and work until you have enough seniority to bid off a Saturday route

mrbrownstone

If it means that much to you not to work on a Saturday, then go ahead and quit. I am sure there will a line waiting to take the job. I have been working Saturdays for most of 45 years (longer if you count cutting grass and taking care of the garden) so I don't feel sorry for you. You could just suck it up and work until you have enough seniority to bid off a Saturday route

By the time I would have enough senority to bid off Saturday my kids won't be small so it won't matter anyway. By that point I won't give a :censored2: if we work Sundays.

Nobody will be working 6 days a week( outside peak)... That's bs and won't happen... Only having one day off.... We going back to the 1900's.... Then you have dot hour regulations to worry about with a six day workweek..
DOT regulations don't mean :censored2:. North Dakota has 60hr max limit. During 16' peak we were forced every Saturday and the week of Christmas UPS contacted the DOT and got an "operating emergency" extension and extended our Weekly DOT hour workweek to 70 hrs. Needless to say about 95% of drivers worked 69.5 hrs. Total bull:censored2:. When January the daily average call out list was 7 drivers a day for a 45 driver center

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You would be paid for the holiday in addition to your 5 days.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DOT regulations don't mean :censored2:. North Dakota has 60hr max limit. During 16' peak we were forced every Saturday and the week of Christmas UPS contacted the DOT and got an "operating emergency" extension and extended our Weekly DOT hour workweek to 70 hrs. Needless to say about 95% of drivers worked 69.5 hrs. Total bull:censored2:. When January the daily average call out list was 7 drivers a day for a 45 driver center

We were all subject to the 70 hour limit; thankfully it never became an issue in my center, although we did work every Saturday between BF and CE.

JL 0513

I get the feeling that guys in my center don't have a clue that Saturday ground is even coming. Not a single word about it. Unless you're on BrownCafe, you're in the dark.

ManInBrown

I get the feeling that guys in my center don't have a clue that Saturday ground is even coming. Not a single word about it. Unless you're on BrownCafe, you're in the dark.
You're 100% correct. I mentioned it to another driver maybe a year ago. Whenever the talk first started on here. He looked at me like I was crazy. Said it would never happen