Saturday Ground Update

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Here they're not going by seniority per se. They've selected the routes they want to move to Tues-Sat and are giving the drivers the option to follow their work to that schedule, or they will put the routes back up for bid
This is how I envisioned them implementing Saturday ground in our hub. So many routes it doesn't make sense to run on Saturday, like mine for example. Out of my 11 hour day only 3 hours of that is for resi deliveries and the other 8 hours is business deliveries and pickups. Makes zero sense to run that route on Saturday because every single business is closed. They'd have to pick resi heavy routes to run on Saturday. Or do like what they do on holidays, and have one guy cover the entire loop of nothing but residential deliveries.

I'm not sure what will happen when they start Saturdays here. But since my hub does lifetime bids and my route is such a business heavy industrial route a feel a tiny bit safe that I'll remain a M-friend driver. I know deep down though that something else could happen. Can only wait and see.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As word gets out that we are working on Saturday the number of business deliveries (and subsequent pickups) will naturally increase.

I fully expect Walmart, Target and the other big box retailers to being accepting deliveries on Saturdays.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
As word gets out that we are working on Saturday the number of business deliveries (and subsequent pickups) will naturally increase.

I fully expect Walmart, Target and the other big box retailers to being accepting deliveries on Saturdays.
I agree. Eventually it will be almost like a regular day.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
We are not projected to start Saturday ground until sometime next year at the earliest so it won't be an issue here.
They haven't even talked about it in our center so I'm sure it will be a while for us. I have enough seniority that I won't have to do Saturday I hope.

oldupsman

We are not projected to start Saturday ground until sometime next year at the earliest so it won't be an issue here.

With all the press coverage going on I can't believe there won't be a real push for this to be nationwide by next peak.
No matter how far out in the boonies you are.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
In my center we run about 60 routes regularly. On saturdays we probably only have 13 to 15. I've only been driving 2 years but they've never forced me to work Saturday.

I should add that we have a lot of industrial routes too so that could have an effect on Saturday ground

ManInBrown

I think around here they said if a route is out during the week it will most likely be in on Saturday
That makes no sense. Just because my route is cut once during the week, should not mean I have to work Saturday. That's ridiculous. It should be volunteer, then force. I work Mondays every week. I cover drive. I don't go home.

ManInBrown

It doesn't matter what anyone wants or doesn't want. Straight from the hall in the last union meeting
"You cannot only change the rules for package to feeder. It has to be changed for everything. PT to FT, package to package transfers, package to feeder.

KOG72

I’m full of it
That makes no sense. Just because my route is cut once during the week, should not mean I have to work Saturday. That's ridiculous. It should be volunteer, then force. I work Mondays every week. I cover drive. I don't go home.
They also told us they are telling all new drivers to expect to work on Saturday's