Saturday Ground Update

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had an S&V ride with an out-of-state supervisor recently that is on some team that is going around putting Saturday Ground in. He said something like we are expected to spend/lose a billion dollars starting this up. At one Atlanta Hub, they just told the low-seniority drivers one Friday that they had to work the next day. He said the startup was a total disaster. Cars not spotted, Preload wasn't ready, ORION not set up for it, etc. etc.

MostHelpNeeded

Here they're not going by seniority per se. They've selected the routes they want to move to Tues-Sat and are giving the drivers the option to follow their work to that schedule, or they will put the routes back up for bid

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We go live with Saturday delivery out of my center tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed that volume is way down on Monday and I will be able to enjoy that day off. Time will tell.

Faceplanted

Here they're not going by seniority per se. They've selected the routes they want to move to Tues-Sat and are giving the drivers the option to follow their work to that schedule, or they will put the routes back up for bid
Which supplement are you under

That's a crock of :censored2:. I bid on my route which is mon-fri. They shouldn't be allowed to just change it. None of this should be allowed until next contract/next bid..... or they should just consider sat as "extra work", ask for volunteers and than force from the bottom up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

That's a crock of :censored2:. I bid on my route which is mon-fri. They shouldn't be allowed to just change it. None of this should be allowed until next contract/next bid..... or they should just consider sat as "extra work", ask for volunteers and than force from the bottom up.
Not how the contract is written

DOK

THIS^^^

I'm not sure how it can be looked at any other way. UPS promising 6000 new jobs has the Teamsters drooling....