Saturday Ground Update

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

UPS and the Union will agree on a two tiered wage in our next contract with a longer progression and a top out close to my $25-30/hr range.

Ok, let's say they do, which is very unlikely, even though I do think they will try to move the full-time progression to 5 instead of 4, nobody is voting that in, and you said that implementing a few supplementals without the members consent is one thing, so are you now saying that they would force this through?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Ok, let's say they do, which is very unlikely, even though I do think they will try to move the full-time progression to 5 instead of 4, nobody is voting that in, and you said that implementing a few supplementals without the members consent is one thing, so are you now saying that they would force this through?

Heard you the first time.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

UPS and the Union will agree on a two tiered wage in our next contract with a longer progression and a top out close to my $25-30/hr range.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I don't know if I agree with this. They voted to move it from 3 years to 4 years. What makes you think the same people won't vote to move it from 4 years to 5 years?

It's been the trend the past contracts. It could stay the same but probably not unless we give something up.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Without a shadow of a doubt, you have no idea IN REAL LIFE how to do this job !!!!
Honestly, I don't know how you could even have done 30 days !!
I can't even imagine how much hand sanitizer you used when your hands got dirty !!!
Keep thinking you're saving the company by staring at connected dots on a map !!! FYI - YOU'RE NOT !!!

hfvszcU.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Our local has a steward's meeting tomorrow to get the scoop on the Tues-Sat alternative schedule that we're getting this fall. Our center manager said they expect to run 12ish routes in our center on saturdays and cut back routes on mondays about 6 less than we usually have on mondays (which is already 7 less than we have tuesdays).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope----they will throw in a bonus to make sure it gets in.

ManInBrown

Our local has a steward's meeting tomorrow to get the scoop on the Tues-Sat alternative schedule that we're getting this fall. Our center manager said they expect to run 12ish routes in our center on saturdays and cut back routes on mondays about 6 less than we usually have on mondays (which is already 7 less than we have tuesdays).
How many routes per day the rest of the week?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We're doing a rebid in our local soon (next week?) and I'm planning on going T-S. However it will be 22.3, not package car. I've still got a few years to go (~5-10) when I can get a decent route.

I'll leave work Saturday at 9am and have all day Saturday, Sunday, and even Monday AM off to run errands. Plus I can work on my career and make money on the weekends more freely.

I do understand the concerns of package car drivers and even PT'ers forced (beyond volunteering) to that schedule. But for me personally, it's a win-win.