Saturday Ground Update

ManInBrown

The short time I used ORION, it expected me to drive across logging roads and paths between cornfields. It Bing maps thought it was a road, ORION thought it was a road.

I was responding to TIR. TTKU
Yup, it thinks you can drive thru the woods. I have two neighborhoods on my route that are both one way in, one way out, separated by woods. It wants me to finish the one neighborhood, and then Go into the other neighborhood and do the first house I get to, if I drove thru the woods. It wants me to bypass all the other houses I pass as I'm entering that neighborhood, and go to the closest house thru the woods from the first neighborhood. That's all you need to know right there. The system is garbage.

Star B

White Lightening
It doesn't know that because it sees the "road" between the two neighborhoods.

If IE were to fix the data to disallow travel on that path, the solution should fix itself. Now getting them to fix it........ is another thing.

ManInBrown

It doesn't know that because it sees the "road" between the two neighborhoods.

If IE were to fix the data to disallow travel on that path, the solution should fix itself. Now getting them to fix it........ is another thing.
What road? It's woods. ORION is as USELESS as the guy that invented it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Do the hourlies file on you working?
nope

I want to know the percentage of routes going out Saturday, compared to a Tuesday or Wednesday. To get an idea how many drivers will be forced to work Saturday here, when we get it next year.

maybe 1/5, maybe 1/6, maybe lower depends on your resi density

Yup, it thinks you can drive thru the woods. I have two neighborhoods on my route that are both one way in, one way out, separated by woods. It wants me to finish the one neighborhood, and then Go into the other neighborhood and do the first house I get to, if I drove thru the woods. It wants me to bypass all the other houses I pass as I'm entering that neighborhood, and go to the closest house thru the woods from the first neighborhood. That's all you need to know right there. The system is garbage.

that's a ridiculously easy fix if your PDS gave a :censored2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What road? It's woods. ORION is as USELESS as the guy that invented it.

Several weeks ago I had a fairly light day and could dance up and down the middle of the car. I decided to follow Orion stop for stop. 100% trace compliance, -1.30, punched out at regular time.

Orion does work.

Orion 2.0 will work better.