Saturday Ground Update

ManInBrown

10-14 yeah something like that
Here's another one I have. We have about 80 drivers in my center I think? You're saying probably 10-14 routes will go out Saturday? Could it be a situation where they know that it will be cut city even more now on Monday. So instead of only forcing 10-14 drivers to T-S. Will they possibly force even more to that schedule, thinking some will be willing to go home on Saturday like drivers do the rest of the week. Anotherwards just because 10-14 routes will go out Saturday, do you think they will force 20 drivers to T-S? How many do you think they will force T-S? Will they just force what they need?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Those bonuses were good enough to sell a couple of contracts. Mostly from people only planning to be around for a couple of years and didn't care about the long term.
how many years ago was that?

I mean $1000 bonus isn't even worth a month of mortgage hell barely a car payment for most I'm sure.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Here's another one I have. We have about 80 drivers in my center I think? You're saying probably 10-14 routes will go out Saturday? Could it be a situation where they know that it will be cut city even more now on Monday. So instead of only forcing 10-14 drivers to T-S. Will they possibly force even more to that schedule, thinking some will be willing to go home on Saturday like drivers do the rest of the week. Anotherwards just because 10-14 routes will go out Saturday, do you think they will force 20 drivers to T-S? How many do you think they will force T-S? Will they just force what they need?
We have maroon drivers who,wake up, get dressed, report for work, then go home unpaid on a Saturday.

ManInBrown

We have maroon drivers who,wake up, get dressed, report for work, then go home unpaid on a Saturday.
Unbelievable. I have a feeling based on my seniority that I'm going to be right on the cut line, one way or the other. If im forced and on Saturdays, drivers are going home I'm gonna flip the friend out.

Because I have a feeling they are going to force more than they need. Let's say we run 14 routes, I think they're going to force 20 something drivers to T-S, To cover vacations, and they know some drivers will go home. There is no way I'm going home. I dont care where they try to send me. if they send me out blind and I don't cover my bid area, I'll shove it right up their you know what. If guys below me are going home on Saturdays, I'm gonna lose it.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

you are thinking harder about this than IE does lmao; just do your route and work safe

And if you run 25 is it even gonna be bothered with in an area that small?

Is this eventually gonna be a nationwide thing or only metro areas?

nationwide, but it'll just scale down so it'll be 2-3 unlucky bastards in your building

Star B

White Lightening
What road? It's woods. ORION is as USELESS as the guy that invented it.
Does the map show a road? Does Google, Bing, or HERE show a road?

If they do, it would be no different than a guy, sitting in a dark UPS chamber in Atlanta, staring at a paper map, telling you that you should take that road between the stops because for all he knows... it is there. You know better, but because you can't talk to that poor soul... he keeps telling you that you should take that road. Correct his map, and your problems should fix itself.

For example, I got burned recently by a :censored2:ty map. All the maps show that the roads hooked up to a certain road. Well, they all ended two feet shy of the crossroad, with a two-foot drop. I'm sure ORION would have told me to turn there too.

ManInBrown

Does the map show a road? Does Google, Bing, or HERE show a road?

If they do, it would be no different than a guy, sitting in a dark UPS chamber in Atlanta, staring at a paper map, telling you that you should take that road between the stops because for all he knows... it is there. You know better, but because you can't talk to that poor soul... he keeps telling you that you should take that road. Correct his map, and your problems should fix itself.

For example, I got burned recently by a :censored2:ty map. All the maps show that the roads hooked up to a certain road. Well, they all ended two feet shy of the crossroad, with a two-foot drop. I'm sure ORION would have told me to turn there too.
I'm not correcting anything. I don't get paid to correct problems. And no, there's no road on the map. It's a forest.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I want to know the percentage of routes going out Saturday, compared to a Tuesday or Wednesday. To get an idea how many drivers will be forced to work Saturday here, when we get it next year.
We run about 52 on a tuesday, 45 on a monday. they're saying they're trying to cut it to 39 on monday and 12 on saturday