Saturday Ground Update

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
cutting management pay sounds sexy but unless you make up for it in seriously big QOL ways, it just leads to a brain-drain which would lead to stagnation and death

put some income-equality legislation in front of me for the government to enforce across the board and i'd sign it, but voluntary, solitary equality is stupid
I hate you. You make me hate you, then say something I agree with.

clean hairy

Ups has many drivers who are and can retire... they figure if they crank up the production even more some of these old timers will leave and you can take their spots...
The old timers that are smart would file under "due consideration to age and physical condition of the employee"
something along that in the contract when it comes to work assignments.

jaker

trolling
Do you have a specific date set yet? 4/30/18 is my projected last working date with an eligible retirement date of 6/22/18.

I just have to have the will power not to take any paid days before 4/30.
Is anybody else going to screen shot this so in a year when he makes a post after the date we can remind him of the way he feels about retirees posting now

W

What The Hawk?

I mean as far as preloading goes I wouldn't mind working six days I also wouldn't mind doing it for 8+ hours a day. But I also understand on their perspective they don't want to pay for full-time loaders.

W

What The Hawk?

I'm actually really excited about this. But I'm also extremely new and I'm starting to understand why so many people who work at UPS are angry. LOL but at least those of you who have seniority will either get a choice or you won't have to do it at all..

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Realistically you would probably get a better quality preloader if you offered them fulltime hours. Alot of these kids work 2 jobs and are exhausted everyday. I know I was when I did it.

W

What The Hawk?

Realistically you would probably get a better quality preloader if you offered them fulltime hours. Alot of these kids work 2 jobs and are exhausted everyday. I know I was when I did it.
That's true you definitely get better quality loads if they were full-time but I've also noticed that even when you're part-time and you load really :censored2:ty how is that going to tell your boss that you deserve to be full-time?

W

What The Hawk?

It would be something you earned, like in the old days hard work pays off.
I wish it was like that all the time because I work my ass off and it obviously doesn't do anything it doesn't mean anything to my hub. Because if it did they wouldn't have promoted a pre-loader has only been there for nine months. He got promoted because he's friends with the hub supervisor. It sucks but that's the world we live in..

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I wish it was like that all the time because I work my ass off and it obviously doesn't do anything it doesn't mean anything to my hub. Because if it did they wouldn't have promoted a pre-loader has only been there for nine months. He got promoted because he's friends with the hub supervisor. It sucks but that's the world we live in..
Didn't you just say you like getting high? Why would you get promoted to drive?